The most effective way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in New Orleans is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who can sell car insurance in Louisiana.
- Read about how your policy works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for more details to help reduce premium rates and find missing discounts.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. View prices
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper TLX coverage is available in New Orleans. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. Once received, place your new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who perform rate comparisons will presumably switch companies because there is a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who compared prices once a year saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is your goal, then knowing the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Companies offering Acura TLX insurance in New Orleans
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Louisiana. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Louisiana, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance More Affordably
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Don’t buy extra coverages you don’t need – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
Rural areas have lower rates – Being located in small towns and rural areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates.
More policies can equal more savings – Many insurance companies afford a discount for people that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
More performance means higher costs – The type of car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Small economy passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Insurance losses for an Acura TLX – Insurance companies use historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the historical loss data for Acura TLX vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura TLX 4dr 2WD||90||75||97||93||74||77|
|Acura TLX 4dr 4WD||120||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t overlook these Acura TLX insurance discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive get New Orleans car insurance on the internet.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Student in College – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from New Orleans and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers could receive lower premium rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts will bring down your policy premium.
To find companies who offer free Acura TLX insurance quotes in New Orleans, click this link.
When should I contact an agent?
A lot of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. You never need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Louisiana?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in New Orleans?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
If you need to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can provide insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often use the same agent primarily because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in New Orleans willing to provide rate quotes.
- LeMoine Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4747 Earhart Blvd a – New Orleans, LA 70125 – (504) 218-4420 – View Map
- Nick Pontiff – State Farm Insurance Agent
229 N Genois St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 309-8773 – View Map
- Charles Hemmans – State Farm Insurance Agent
4611 S Carrollton Ave – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 313-5498 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you check rates from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Below are independent agencies in New Orleans who can help you get rate quotes.
- Martin Insurance Agency, Inc
4700 Orleans Ave – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 486-6133 – View Map
- Pappalardo Agency, Inc.
145 Robert E Lee Blvd #202 – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 486-7441 – View Map
- J Everett Eaves
650 Poydras St # 1500 – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 581-5353 – View Map
How much auto insurance do I need?
When quoting and comparing coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions can help discover whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Cheaper car insurance premiums are out there
We just covered many ideas to get a better price on Acura TLX insurance in New Orleans. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. They may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How Much are New Orleans Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Orleans Auto Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Students in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)