Are you researching more competitive auto insurance rates in New Orleans, LA? New Orleans buyers have a choice when searching for the best price on Suzuki Kizashi insurance. You can either spend your time calling around trying to get quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for your Suzuki and find the lowest possible price from New Orleans insurance agents and online providers.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price are very likely to move their business because they have good chances of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey found that consumers who regularly shopped around saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price on Suzuki Kizashi insurance in New Orleans is why you’re here, then having some insight into how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can save time and make the process easier.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best price on Suzuki Kizashi insurance in New Orleans at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Kizashi insurance online, but I’m going to show you a bunch of ideas how to lower your auto insurance premiums.
Finding Suzuki Kizashi insurance in New Orleans
Finding a lower price on insurance is a great way to save money. The only requirement is to take a few minutes comparing rate quotes to see which company has affordable New Orleans auto insurance quotes.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in New Orleans, LA. To buy cheaper car insurance in New Orleans, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Suzuki Kizashi coverage statistics
The information shown below highlights estimates of prices for Suzuki Kizashi models. Learning more about how prices are formulated can assist in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Kizashi S AWD||$348||$624||$524||$32||$158||$1,686||$141|
|Kizashi SE AWD||$348||$734||$524||$32||$158||$1,796||$150|
|Kizashi GTS AWD||$348||$734||$524||$32||$158||$1,796||$150|
|Kizashi SLS AWD||$388||$734||$524||$32||$158||$1,836||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower price quotes greatly.
Suzuki Kizashi liability rates compared to full coverage
The illustration below shows the comparison of Suzuki Kizashi insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no written rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Suzuki Kizashi settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 annually to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Suzuki Kizashi insurance, paying for auto insurance is required in Louisiana but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Suzuki at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in New Orleans
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower rates. Lots of things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like your driving record, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
The list below includes some of the most common factors that factor into your prices.
Don’t get traffic citations – Attentive drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Just one citation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The chart below illustrates how violations and accidents can drive up Suzuki Kizashi yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Type of car determines base premiums – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Low performance passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The chart below uses these variables: married male driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Suzuki Kizashi insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
Women tend to cost less – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men cause accidents at about the same rate, but males have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Suzuki Kizashi insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
High premiums for younger drivers – Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Teen drivers have a tendency to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- High coverage deductibles cost less – Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims could be a broken side mirror, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Safety first – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums.
- Save money with responsible credit – Having a good credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit is low, you may save money insuring your Suzuki Kizashi by repairing your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with bad credit.
Lower-cost New Orleans auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- E-sign Discounts – Some companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on your computer.
- New Orleans Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Suzuki Kizashi insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data is based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be offered in every state. For a list of auto insurance companies who offer free Suzuki Kizashi insurance quotes in New Orleans, click this link.
When to contact an agent
Some consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the best rates and also buy local. And buying from local agencies is definitely important in New Orleans.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in New Orleans who will give you quotes to get your business. You never need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in New Orleans can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the differences because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
The following are independent agents in New Orleans who can help you get free price quotes.
- Dan Burghardt Insurance Agency
5741 Crowder Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70127 – (504) 241-7283 – View Map
- Robert Sheard Insurance
1601 Gordon St – New Orleans, LA 70117 – (504) 947-3044 – View Map
- Martin Insurance Agency, Inc
4700 Orleans Ave – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 486-6133 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in New Orleans that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Daniel Rahman
701 Dante St c – New Orleans, LA 70118 – (504) 861-2700 – View Map
- Reggie Glass – State Farm Insurance Agent
3800 Elysian Fields Ave – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 944-4444 – View Map
- State Farm: Luke Delouise
6262 Pontchartrain Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 486-7525 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- How long has their agency been in business in New Orleans?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How many companies do they write for?
Once you have received acceptable answers to all your questions as well as inexpensive Suzuki Kizashi insurance in New Orleans quotes, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that can properly service your insurance policy.
Cheaper insurance is out there
Affordable Suzuki Kizashi insurance in New Orleans is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote New Orleans auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Suzuki Kizashi insurance car insurance rates in New Orleans. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Suzuki Kizashi insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from the smaller companies.
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to buying cheaper Suzuki Kizashi insurance in New Orleans
The most effective way to get discount Suzuki Kizashi insurance in New Orleans is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers in Louisiana. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Read and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest New Orleans Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)