It’s amazing but nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and just under half have never shopped around. Consumers in New Orleans could cut their rates by $900 a year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates and save money.
Truthfully, the best way to save on auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in New Orleans.
- Try to learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents and a poor credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides instructions to prevent high rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. View rates
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if cheaper A3 coverage is available in New Orleans. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. Make sure you put the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Just remember that comparing a large number of companies provides better odds of finding a better price. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so it’s important to also get quotes from them as well.
The following companies offer free quotes in Louisiana. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi A3 in New Orleans, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Louisiana and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Audi A3, more than likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Data for Audi A3 insurance
The rate table shown below outlines detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Audi A3 models. Having a good understanding how rates are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A3 2.0T Premium Package||$398||$876||$628||$38||$188||$2,128||$177|
|A3 2.0T Premium Plus Package||$398||$876||$628||$38||$188||$2,128||$177|
|A3 2.0T Quattro||$450||$876||$628||$38||$188||$2,180||$182|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can modify coverage rates considerably.
Affordable rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow data collection to analyze their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new A3 can save you some money because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers may receive lower premium rates.
- College Student – Kids who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will help lower the amount you have to pay.
The information below illustrates the difference between Audi A3 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, membership and employees, air bags, federal employee, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- USAA may include discounts for new vehicle, multi-vehicle, family discount, vehicle storage, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family has savings for mySafetyValet, good driver, TimeAway discount, early bird, Steer into Savings, air bags, and accident-free.
- Esurance may have discounts that include online shopper, claim free, good driver, multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, and online quote.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include distant student, mature driver, business and professional, teen driver, bundle discounts, and switch companies.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, multiple autos, driver’s education, good student, safe vehicle, and good driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To choose auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Louisiana, click this link.