Sadly, almost 70% of insureds kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared insurance rates at all. Consumers in New Orleans could save 35% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
The easiest way to find low-cost Audi A7 insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in New Orleans. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a poor credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides information to help reduce prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on A7 insurance in New Orleans. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Best companies for low-cost Audi A7 insurance in Louisiana
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Louisiana. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in New Orleans, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Smart Buyers Can Cut Their Insurance Rates
Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more obscure like where you live or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower car insurance prices.
Save by driving less – Driving more miles in a year the higher your rates will be. Most companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Autos left parked in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your car insurance policy correctly shows the right rating data. Improper usage on your A7 is just wasting money.
Cars with good safety ratings are cheaper to insure – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
Which gender costs less? – Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Men also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 cause the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
Don’t cancel your policy without a new one in place – Driving any period of time without insurance can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Louisiana motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Rates can be impacted by your vocation – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, police officers, and emergency personnel tend to pay the highest rates because of intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations such as professors, students and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Too many claims will drive premiums up – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Insurance companies in Louisiana give better rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Get better rates if married – Your spouse may save some money when buying car insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Insurance losses for an Audi A7 – Auto insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Audi A7 vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A7 4dr 4WD||207||76||208||50||49||76|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts for cheap car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t list every discount they offer very well, so we researched some of the best known as well as some of the hidden car insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are just wasting money.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used A7 can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- No Claim Discounts – New Orleans drivers who stay claim-free get the best car insurance rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Organization Discounts – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next car insurance statement.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
To view car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Louisiana, click here.
Local New Orleans auto insurance agents and insurance
Some consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in New Orleans.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in New Orleans who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can sell insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they differ because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, you need to contact a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in New Orleans that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
- ABC Insurance
4101 S Carrollton Ave c – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 486-0123 – View Map
- J Everett Eaves
650 Poydras St # 1500 – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 581-5353 – View Map
- Integra Insurance in Baton Rouge, Shreveport and New Orleans | Texas and Louisiana Insurance Agents
2750 Lake Villa Dr #305 – Metairie, LA 70002 – (877) 969-3026 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are trained well on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are New Orleans exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Alan Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7045 Read Blvd Ste 108 – New Orleans, LA 70127 – (504) 241-6799 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Daniel Occhi
4006 Canal St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 517-9080 – View Map
- Chase Dardar – State Farm Insurance Agent
6301 S Claiborne Ave – New Orleans, LA 70125 – (504) 861-4529 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Where would glass claims be handled in New Orleans?
After talking to the agent and getting positive responses to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that is reputable and can insure your vehicles. But keep in mind it’s your policy and you can terminate your policy whenever you want so never assume that you’re stuck with your new company with no way out.
Best auto insurance in New Orleans
Buying coverage from a highly-rated car insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Louisiana. The company rank data in the next section can help you analyze which auto insurers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to adequate coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- What is GAP insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
We’ve covered many ways to get a better price on Audi A7 insurance in New Orleans. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agencies. More affordable car insurance in New Orleans is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
More information can be read below:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for High School Students in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)