It’s a fact that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who shop for lower rates are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A survey found that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in New Orleans is your target objective, then having some insight into the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can save money and time.
The most effective way to find affordable Pontiac Grand Prix insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in New Orleans. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a negative credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives the details to prevent rate hikes and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in New Orleans is to take advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is take a few minutes to give details such as whether you drive to work or school, the make and model of your vehicles, if it has an anti-theft system, and if you went to college. The data is then submitted to all major companies and you will get price comparisons with very little delay.
To check Pontiac Grand Prix insurance prices now, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies provide price quotes in Louisiana. To get cheap car insurance in New Orleans, LA, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Pontiac Grand Prix in New Orleans, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Grand Prix has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will require that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Pontiac at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Pontiac Grand Prix but also your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower-cost Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in New Orleans
Some companies don’t necessarily list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- New Orleans Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Pontiac could earn slightly better prices than normal.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, accident-free, passive restraint, good student, safe vehicle, and driver’s education.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, accident-free, mySafetyValet, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, federal employee, military active duty, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include homeowners, student driver, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, and early bird.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in New Orleans.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What policy terms are available?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Does my Pontiac Grand Prix qualify for pleasure use?
- Does my Pontiac Grand Prix need full coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Pontiac Grand Prix?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Which car insurance company is best in New Orleans?
Buying coverage from the best car insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies there are in New Orleans. The company ratings below may help you pick which auto insurers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General