Do you need a better way to compare more affordable Cadillac ATS insurance in New Orleans? Scraping up a payment for high-priced Cadillac ATS insurance in New Orleans can bleed your monthly budget, especially in this economy. Price shopping at each renewal can lower your rates and help to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who shop around at least once a year will most likely move their business because of the high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey discovered that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on insurance in New Orleans is your intention, knowing how to choose a company and compare car insurance can make the process less intimidating.
How to find cheaper Cadillac ATS insurance in New Orleans
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in New Orleans is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who provide auto insurance in Louisiana.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and your credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides tips to help prevent high rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A crucial key to this process is to use identical coverage information on every quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
Companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate all promote huge savings with ads and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and take the time to shop coverage around.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices yearly since insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the lowest price on Cadillac ATS insurance in New Orleans six months ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the right way to get good coverage on Cadillac ATS insurance in New Orleans at a lower rate.
The are a couple different ways to obtain and compare prices from insurance companies in your area. One of the best ways to compare Cadillac ATS insurance prices is to get quotes online.
Comparing free quotes online is easy and it, replaces the need to drive around to and from local New Orleans insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Cadillac ATS insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the advice and guidance only provided by licensed New Orleans agents. Although, it is possible find lower rates online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
When comparison shopping, quoting more gives you a better chance of getting better pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide New Orleans ATS insurance quotes online, so you also need to get prices from them as well.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in New Orleans, LA. To buy the cheapest auto insurance in New Orleans, we recommend you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some providers do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Telematics Data Discounts – New Orleans drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Good Student – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a New Orleans car insurance quote.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% off your total ATS insurance premium.
- Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted price on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new ATS is cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- American Family may include discounts for good student, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, good driver, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for 55 and retired, good student, youthful driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- Travelers may offer discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, save driver, IntelliDrive, good student, payment discounts, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, bundle, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
Double check with every insurance company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Louisiana, click here.
You may require the services of an insurance agency
Some people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in New Orleans who can give free rate quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking a provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does their agency support local causes in New Orleans?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How many years have they been established?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Louisiana?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Types of auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in New Orleans who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to compare prices from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in New Orleans that can give you price quote information.
Will just any policy work for me?
When selecting a policy, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Cadillac ATS?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- What is the ISO rating for a Cadillac ATS?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Six factors that affect insurance prices
Many factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine your rate level.
Is insurance coverage cheaper for females or males? – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Both sexes get in auto accidents in similar numbers, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Having just one driving citation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to prove financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
Limits of liability coverage – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection if ever you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed on your ATS policy. Insurance for rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
Poor credit rating equals high rates – A driver’s credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit rating could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Cadillac ATS by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit.
Insurance rates in urban areas – Residing in a rural area can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers regularly have much more traffic and longer commute times. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
Cadillac ATS claim statistics – Auto insurance companies analyze historical claim data when setting rates for each model. Models that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates. The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Cadillac ATS vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD||121||97||103||107||96||90|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD||127||81||91||92||93||74|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing ATS insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Cadillac ATS in New Orleans, paying for auto insurance is required in Louisiana but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac has a lienholder, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Cadillac at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in New Orleans overpays as much as $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper auto insurance is out there
The cheapest Cadillac ATS insurance in New Orleans is available both online and with local New Orleans insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
When searching for the cheapest Cadillac ATS rate quotes, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests and lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be easier than you think.
How to save money on Cadillac ATS insurance in New Orleans
If you want to save money, the best way to find low-cost prices for Cadillac ATS insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in New Orleans.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on ATS insurance in New Orleans. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One piece of advice is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located by following these links: