It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who get price quotes annually will most likely buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding better rates. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $860 a year compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding the best price on auto insurance in New Orleans is why you’re reading this, then understanding the best ways to shop for insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper Cadillac SRX insurance in New Orleans is to compare prices once a year from providers who sell insurance in Louisiana.
- Gain an understanding of coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and poor credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides more ideas to help reduce prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper SRX coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. As soon as you can, store the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at every insurance company. This enables a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using these methods. This article will tell you how insurance works and how you can save the most money. But Louisiana car owners must comprehend how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium because it varies considerably.
When comparison shopping, getting more free quotes will enable you to find better pricing.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in New Orleans, LA. To buy cheap car insurance in Louisiana, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Cadillac SRX insurance in New Orleans
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a driver safety course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will bring down your policy premium.
The information below compares Cadillac SRX car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. Data assumes a female driver, no claims or violations, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that have some of the discounts shown above include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply in every state. To view companies that offer multiple discounts in Louisiana, click here.
Analysis of coverages
The table displayed next showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Cadillac SRX models. Having knowledge of how policy premiums are figured can assist in making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SRX Luxury 2WD||$246||$594||$562||$34||$168||$1,604||$134|
|SRX Luxury AWD||$246||$594||$562||$34||$168||$1,604||$134|
|SRX Performance 2WD||$274||$594||$562||$34||$168||$1,632||$136|
|SRX Performance AWD||$274||$594||$562||$34||$168||$1,632||$136|
|SRX Premium 2WD||$274||$594||$562||$34||$168||$1,632||$136|
|SRX Premium AWD||$274||$594||$562||$34||$168||$1,632||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can change auto insurance rates substantially.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Cadillac SRX insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Do I need an agent?
Many people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in New Orleans.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can provide free New Orleans auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
When finding a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can select. Insurance agencies in New Orleans can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, you should always get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in New Orleans who can help you get free rate quotes.
- Mid-City Auto Title and Insurance
3328 Bienville St # A – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 827-1845 – View Map
- Murphy Insurance LLC
2107 Soniat St – New Orleans, LA 70115 – (504) 899-8010 – View Map
- Above and Beyond Insurance Agency LLC
10001 Lake Forest Blvd #315 – New Orleans, LA 70127 – (504) 383-7432 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. They are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Shown below are New Orleans exclusive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Paul Scaffidi
720 Harrison Ave c – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 822-8007 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kenneth Taylor
7037 Canal Blvd #201 – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 283-9310 – View Map
- Josh Lorando – State Farm Insurance Agent
4200 Canal St c – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 488-0001 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
After receiving good feedback and a good coverage price, you may have found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide insurance.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Smart Buyers Save More
It’s important that you understand the factors that help calculate your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower rates.
- Prevent theft and save – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping car theft.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Residing in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. People in densely populated areas regularly have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. More time behind the wheel translates into higher accident risk.
- High credit scores save money – Your credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. People that have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit. So if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Cadillac SRX by improving your credit score.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- Get hitched and pay lower prices – Getting married may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Cadillac SRX insurance loss statistics – Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher premium rate.
The data below shows the loss history for Cadillac SRX vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Cadillac SRX Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac SRX 4dr 2WD 103 101 84 80 82 91 Cadillac SRX 4dr 4WD 109 106 103 78 75 83BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Cadillac SRX in New Orleans, buying auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Cadillac, almost all lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Cadillac at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Cadillac but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper insurance rates are possible
When getting New Orleans auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can save on Cadillac SRX insurance in New Orleans. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company.
More detailed insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Orleans Auto Insurance Rates for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)