It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A study showed that drivers who routinely compared rates saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price on Chrysler 200 insurance is why you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to quote and compare insurance coverage can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The recommended way to get cheaper Chrysler 200 insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in New Orleans. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover ideas to get affordable coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Comparing rates for the lowest-priced car insurance policy in New Orleans is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you already have coverage or need new coverage, use these tips to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Smart buyers only have to learn the most time-saving way to get comparison quotes on the web.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons for Chrysler 200 insurance in New Orleans is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is give them rating details such as daily mileage, the ages of drivers, if a SR-22 is needed, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. That rating data is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and you should receive rate quotes very quickly.
To find the cheapest Chrysler 200 insurance rates, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in New Orleans.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Louisiana. To locate cheap car insurance in New Orleans, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chrysler 200 in New Orleans, car insurance is mandatory in Louisiana but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Chrysler at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chrysler 200 insurance in New Orleans?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before they will apply.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a small discount on rates.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote New Orleans auto insurance with some insurance companies.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Good Student Discount – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in New Orleans can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new 200 can get you a discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount will bring down your policy cost.
For a list of insurers with discount insurance rates in New Orleans, click here.
Insurance quotes from local New Orleans insurance agents
Many drivers would rather talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is important particularly in New Orleans.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in New Orleans that can give you free New Orleans auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in New Orleans are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can handle insurance, but it is important to understand how they are different since it may influence which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, you need to get quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are independent agents in New Orleans that can give you free rate quotes.
- USAgencies Insurance
6003 Bullard Ave #6 – New Orleans, LA 70128 – (504) 517-8884 – View Map
- Integra Insurance in Baton Rouge, Shreveport and New Orleans | Texas and Louisiana Insurance Agents
2750 Lake Villa Dr #305 – Metairie, LA 70002 – (877) 969-3026 – View Map
- Robert Sheard Insurance
1601 Gordon St – New Orleans, LA 70117 – (504) 947-3044 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in New Orleans that can give you price quotes.
- Larry Talamo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6506 Spanish Fort Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 282-3474 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Daniel Rahman
701 Dante St c – New Orleans, LA 70118 – (504) 861-2700 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Daniel Occhi
4006 Canal St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 517-9080 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
New Orleans auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with a highly-rated company can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Louisiana. The company rank data shown below can help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Find cheap insurance prices by comparing often
When getting New Orleans auto insurance quotes online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim and high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
Discount Chrysler 200 insurance in New Orleans can be sourced online and with local New Orleans insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)