Unbelievable but true according to a study about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in Louisiana could save nearly $900 every year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The easiest way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from providers in New Orleans. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Try to learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Chrysler 300 insurance in New Orleans is to understand all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information like how your vehicles are used, driver ages, whether you have decent credit, and marital status. Those rating factors is submitted instantly to insurance companies and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
To check Chrysler 300 insurance prices now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in New Orleans.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Louisiana. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Car insurance analysis for a Chrysler 300
The data table below outlines estimates of insurance costs for Chrysler 300 models. Having a good understanding how insurance policy premiums are established can help customers make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|300 Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$448||$608||$36||$182||$1,560||$130|
|300 Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$448||$608||$36||$182||$1,560||$130|
|300 Touring AWD 4-Dr||$286||$448||$608||$36||$182||$1,560||$130|
|300 S V6 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$448||$608||$36||$182||$1,560||$130|
|300 Touring Signature 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$448||$608||$36||$182||$1,560||$130|
|300 Touring Executive 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$448||$608||$36||$182||$1,560||$130|
|300 Touring Signature AWD 4-Dr||$318||$516||$608||$36||$182||$1,660||$138|
|300 Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$516||$608||$36||$182||$1,660||$138|
|300 C 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$516||$608||$36||$182||$1,660||$138|
|300 S V8 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$516||$608||$36||$182||$1,660||$138|
|300 Limited AWD 4-Dr||$318||$516||$608||$36||$182||$1,660||$138|
|300 C AWD 4-Dr||$318||$516||$608||$36||$182||$1,660||$138|
|300 SRT-8 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$516||$608||$36||$182||$1,660||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in garaging location in New Orleans which can affect premiums significantly.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Chrysler 300 insurance rates for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Louisiana
Despite the potentially high cost of Chrysler 300 insurance, paying for auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chrysler 300 has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your 300 definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in New Orleans is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cut your car insurance rates with these seven discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list all available discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on 300 insurance in New Orleans.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better car insurance rates.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a New Orleans auto insurance quote.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your next car insurance statement.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will reduce your premiums.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Chrysler 300 insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data assumes a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few companies that may have these discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in New Orleans. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies who offer cheap Chrysler 300 insurance quotes in Louisiana, click here to view.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and comparing coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I rate my Chrysler 300 as pleasure use or commute?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in New Orleans?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Louisiana?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Who is covered when they drive my Chrysler 300?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying from car insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent. Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from small agencies is especially important in New Orleans.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in New Orleans that can give you free New Orleans auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the differences because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in New Orleans who may provide competitive price quotes.
- J Everett Eaves
650 Poydras St # 1500 – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 581-5353 – View Map
- KTS Insurance Agency
3239 Bienville St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 371-5519 – View Map
- First Insurance, Inc.
First Bank and Trust Building, 909 Poydras St #2260 – New Orleans, LA 70112 – (504) 322-4927 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are New Orleans exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Daniel Rahman
701 Dante St c – New Orleans, LA 70118 – (504) 861-2700 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Paul Scaffidi
720 Harrison Ave c – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 822-8007 – View Map
- Reggie Glass – State Farm Insurance Agent
3800 Elysian Fields Ave – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 944-4444 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How long have they been in business?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
If you receive good feedback to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that will adequately provide car insurance.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 15/30/25 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as structural damage, medical services, legal defense fees and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Louisiana requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not provide adequate coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses such as EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services, dental work and ambulance fees. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This covers damage to your 300 caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your 300 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like fire damage, damage from getting keyed, vandalism, theft and hail damage. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 15/30/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund or even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Affordable Chrysler 300 insurance in New Orleans can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in New Orleans, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not offer price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)