Searching for budget New Orleans Ford Freestar insurance quotes online can be impossible for vehicle owners new to quoting and comparing prices over the internet. With dozens of companies competing online, how are we expected to efficiently compare every company to locate the best price?
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who get price comparisons will most likely move their business because there is a high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey revealed that consumers who shopped around every year saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding low prices for insurance in New Orleans is your intention, then having some insight into how to find and compare insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
Choosing the best rates in New Orleans is easy if you know what you’re doing. Basically, every person who shops around for car insurance will more than likely find a lower-cost company. Nevertheless, Louisiana car owners do need to know the way insurance companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford Freestar insurance in New Orleans
Some insurers don’t list every discount available very well, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy New Orleans car insurance online. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when getting a New Orleans car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Freestar insurance in New Orleans.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century has discounts for automatic seat belts, homeowners, teen driver, defensive driver, 55 and older, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, good driver, student away at school, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, education and occupation, good driver, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include safety features, newly married, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, new graduate, preferred payment discount, and exclusive group savings.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
If you are trying to find affordable New Orleans car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Discounts might not be offered in New Orleans. To see auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in New Orleans, follow this link.
It’s important to know that quoting more helps locate the best price. Not every company provides online New Orleans Freestar insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get price estimates from them, too.
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in New Orleans, LA. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in LA, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and comparing the best insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. You are unique and your insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Louisiana?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
You may need help from a local insurance agent
A small number of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in New Orleans that can give you free New Orleans car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is the agency active in community causes in New Orleans?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Two types of New Orleans auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies that you can select. New Orleans agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company like Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in New Orleans who may provide you with price quotes.
- Josh Lorando – State Farm Insurance Agent
4200 Canal St c – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 488-0001 – View Map
- Carl Mixon – State Farm Insurance Agent
4716 Canal St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 482-7897 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Daniel Rahman
701 Dante St c – New Orleans, LA 70118 – (504) 861-2700 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Below are New Orleans independent insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Robert Sheard Insurance
1601 Gordon St – New Orleans, LA 70117 – (504) 947-3044 – View Map
- Nola Insurance Agency
2646 Banks St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 822-8770 – View Map
- Martin Insurance Agency, Inc
4700 Orleans Ave – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 486-6133 – View Map
In the end, you can save money
When buying insurance coverage, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price.
Budget-conscious Ford Freestar insurance can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
You just learned a lot of tips how to get a better price on Ford Freestar insurance in New Orleans. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
How to find better rates for Ford Freestar insurance in New Orleans
The preferred way to get cheaper car insurance rates in New Orleans is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers in Louisiana.
First, read about policy coverages and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many things that drive up the price like accidents, careless driving, and poor credit can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable New Orleans Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)