Unfortunately, the vast majority of car insurance customers in Louisiana have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Most drivers in the U.S. could save themselves $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they feel it’s too difficult to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper Chevy Blazer insurance is to annually compare prices from providers who provide car insurance in New Orleans. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Read about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Blazer coverage is available in New Orleans. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. As soon as you can, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Most larger insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get coverage price quotes on their websites. Comparing prices online for Chevy Blazer insurance in New Orleans is easy for anyone as you just enter the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, their rating system gets credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on many factors. Getting online price quotes for Chevy Blazer insurance in New Orleans helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for lower-cost auto insurance pricing.
To quickly find out how much you can save on auto insurance, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Louisiana. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in New Orleans, LA, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people would rather go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agencies is definitely important in New Orleans.
By using this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in New Orleans who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your computer because prices are sent to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of New Orleans car insurance agents
When searching for a local New Orleans insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agencies can be described as either independent or exclusive. Either can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always compare prices from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below are New Orleans independent agencies that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are New Orleans exclusive agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Manny Hidalgo – State Farm Insurance Agent
3837 MacArthur Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70114 – (504) 362-1919 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in New Orleans should know the answers to these questions.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Ratings for New Orleans car insurance companies
Choosing a highly-rated insurance company is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Louisiana. The ranking information listed below could help you choose which insurers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance