No one fancies paying their premiums for car insurance, particularly when the price is too high.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who get price comparisons are inclined to switch companies because there is a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A study showed that consumers who routinely compared rates saved on average $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If saving money on insurance is your goal, then having an understanding of the best ways to find and compare insurance coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Steps to saving on Chevy City Express insurance in New Orleans
Really, the only way to get discount Chevy City Express insurance in New Orleans is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in Louisiana. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as distracted driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for information to help find cheaper rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. Once coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to point out is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Because you have many choices of insurance companies that have affordable insurance for a Chevy City Express in New Orleans, it’s difficult to find a lower cost insurance company.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates quite often since insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes on Chevy City Express insurance in New Orleans a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Finding low cost New Orleans auto insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. Just invest a little time getting comparison quotes to see which company has low cost New Orleans car insurance quotes.
Comparison shopping price quotes online is easy and it takes the place of having to drive around to each insurance agency near you. Doing it all online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the peace of mind of a local New Orleans agent. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Louisiana. To get cheap car insurance in New Orleans, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there are discounts available that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow their car insurance company to monitor their driving habits remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote New Orleans car insurance with certain companies.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below shows the difference between Chevy City Express yearly insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including early bird, anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, homeowners, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and good student.
- Nationwide discounts include family plan, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, and defensive driving.
- Esurance has discounts for multi-policy, online quote, paid-in-full, Switch & Save, Pac-12 alumni, and homeowner.
- The Hartford includes discounts for driver training, anti-theft, bundle, air bag, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in New Orleans. To choose companies who offer free Chevy City Express insurance quotes in New Orleans, click here to view.
Rates and information analytics
The coverage information shown next showcases different insurance premium costs for Chevy City Express models. Learning more about how policy rates are figured can be useful when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$148||$260||$436||$26||$130||$1,000||$83|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$148||$316||$436||$26||$130||$1,056||$88|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$170||$316||$436||$26||$130||$1,078||$90|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$170||$316||$436||$26||$130||$1,078||$90|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$170||$316||$436||$26||$130||$1,078||$90|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$170||$316||$436||$26||$130||$1,078||$90|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$170||$316||$436||$26||$130||$1,078||$90|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$170||$316||$436||$26||$130||$1,078||$90|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$170||$316||$436||$26||$130||$1,078||$90|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$170||$372||$436||$26||$130||$1,134||$95|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$170||$372||$436||$26||$130||$1,134||$95|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$170||$372||$436||$26||$130||$1,134||$95|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$170||$372||$436||$26||$130||$1,134||$95|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$192||$372||$436||$26||$130||$1,156||$96|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$192||$372||$436||$26||$130||$1,156||$96|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$192||$372||$436||$26||$130||$1,156||$96|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$192||$372||$436||$26||$130||$1,156||$96|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$192||$372||$436||$26||$130||$1,156||$96|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$192||$372||$436||$26||$130||$1,156||$96|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$192||$372||$436||$26||$130||$1,156||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific location which can revise premium rates noticeably.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders raise Chevy City Express car insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Chevy City Express yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no specific rule for excluding physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy City Express claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
What is the best car insurance company in New Orleans?
Ending up with the highest-rated insurer can be a challenge considering how many companies sell insurance in New Orleans. The ranking information shown below can help you analyze which auto insurers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but some are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine rates.
- Long commutes cost more – The more you drive your Chevy in a year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy correctly shows annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your City Express may be costing you higher rates.
- Prices impacted by your city – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Urban drivers have to deal with more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
- Deter theft and lower insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Liability protection is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy kicks in in the event that you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Male rates may be higher – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men are in fender benders at a similar rate, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Chevy City Express car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
- High insurance claims frequency drives up rates – If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Louisiana generally give the lowest premiums to people who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.