If you want to save the most money, the best way to get more affordable Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in New Orleans is to annually compare prices from different companies who sell insurance in Louisiana.
- First, try to learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will most likely move their business because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $865 annually compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance in New Orleans is your objective, then understanding how to get rate quotes and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in New Orleans is to understand most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including the type of vehicles you drive, how you use your vehicles, types of safety features, and what your job is. Your insurance information is then submitted to many of the top insurers and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To check Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance prices now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in New Orleans, LA. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in New Orleans, LA, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance, car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy Silverado 2500HD with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in New Orleans is overpaying over $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Chevy Silverado 2500HD detailed coverage information
The price information displayed below covers detailed analysis of coverage costs for Chevy Silverado 2500HD models. Being aware of how policy premiums are figured can be valuable when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$256||$488||$446||$26||$134||$1,350||$113|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$256||$562||$504||$30||$150||$1,502||$125|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$256||$488||$446||$26||$134||$1,350||$113|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$286||$562||$446||$26||$134||$1,454||$121|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$286||$562||$504||$30||$150||$1,532||$128|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Extended Cab Diesel 2WD||$286||$562||$504||$30||$150||$1,532||$128|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$286||$562||$504||$30||$150||$1,532||$128|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$286||$562||$446||$26||$134||$1,454||$121|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$286||$636||$504||$30||$150||$1,606||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can revise price quotes substantially.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data assumes no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no set guideline for eliminating full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy Silverado 2500HD replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Some companies don’t always list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive for completing your application over the internet.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a New Orleans car insurance quote.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, anti-theft, defensive driving training, student away at school, good driver, and multiple autos.
- Nationwide has savings for accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, easy pay, good student, and business or organization.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, good driver, anti-theft, education and occupation, good student, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, early bird, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, anti-theft, driver training, defensive driver, and air bag.
If you want inexpensive New Orleans car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in New Orleans. If you would like to view insurance companies with the best Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance discounts in New Orleans, click here.
Getting quotes from local New Orleans insurance agents
Many people would prefer to buy from a local agent. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to companies in New Orleans who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no reason to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurer shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in New Orleans, get answers to these questions.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in New Orleans?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in New Orleans?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
If you are wanting to find a local New Orleans insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. New Orleans agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in New Orleans who may provide you with price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Aaron Gable
2073 Caton St – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 283-0034 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Daniel Rahman
701 Dante St c – New Orleans, LA 70118 – (504) 861-2700 – View Map
- Ed Buckley – State Farm Insurance Agent
4822 Prytania St – New Orleans, LA 70115 – (504) 891-2886 – View Map
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most also write with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below are New Orleans independent insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Robert Sheard Insurance
1601 Gordon St – New Orleans, LA 70117 – (504) 947-3044 – View Map
- First Insurance, Inc.
First Bank and Trust Building, 909 Poydras St #2260 – New Orleans, LA 70112 – (504) 322-4927 – View Map
- J Everett Eaves
650 Poydras St # 1500 – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 581-5353 – View Map
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When searching for low cost New Orleans car insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced full coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Discount Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in New Orleans is available from both online companies and with local New Orleans insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high prices, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation and even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is easier than you think.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)