To save the most money, the best way to get budget Acura RLX insurance is to regularly compare prices from providers who provide car insurance in New Orleans. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that increase rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper RLX coverage is available. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
A recent car insurance study revealed that the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in New Orleans can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Companies offering Acura RLX insurance in Louisiana
The following companies provide quotes in Louisiana. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Lower-cost New Orleans car insurance rates with discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current RLX insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get New Orleans auto insurance quotes online.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your policy premiums.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, passive restraint, driver’s education, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife includes discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, good student, good driver, accident-free
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, multi-policy, youthful driver, safe driver, 55 and retired, good student, and driver training.
- GEICO may offer discounts for seat belt use, multi-policy, anti-theft, membership and employees, defensive driver, federal employee, and military active duty.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include bundle discounts, multi-car, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, homeowner, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to view companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in New Orleans, click this link.
Local New Orleans car insurance agents and auto insurance
A lot of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. And supporting small agencies is especially important in New Orleans.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is emailed to companies in New Orleans who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered instantly to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agencies can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you contact several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in New Orleans that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are exclusive agents in New Orleans willing to provide price quotes.
Larry Talamo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6506 Spanish Fort Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 282-3474 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in New Orleans should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How are they compensated?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Cheap insurance premiums are out there
We just presented many ideas to shop for Acura RLX insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable New Orleans auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from an unexpected company. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable New Orleans Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)