The recommended way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in New Orleans. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many things that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in New Orleans. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
A recent study showed that a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many consumers in the United States could pocket roughly $860 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates online.
Affordable auto insurance in New Orleans, LA
The companies shown below provide quotes in Louisiana. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in New Orleans, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Affordable Audi S8 insurance quotes in New Orleans
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some need to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with better car insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Travelers may have discounts that include home ownership, driver training, new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, save driver, and multi-car.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for defensive driver, homeowners, early bird, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, and 55 and older.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, good student, and driver’s education.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO has savings for accident prevention training, drive less, teen safety rewards, homeowner, multi-car, teen safe driver, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, multi-policy, good student, pay-in-full, education and occupation, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be offered in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Louisiana, click this link.
Local New Orleans auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any good agent in New Orleans should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
New Orleans car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance agents in New Orleans can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in New Orleans that are able to give price quotes.
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a short list of independent agents in New Orleans that can give you rate quotes.
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 15/30/25 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims such as legal defense fees, loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Louisiana requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Medical expense insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like funeral costs, EMT expenses, surgery, nursing services and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Audi S8.
Due to the fact that many Louisiana drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/25), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a bird. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your S8 resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your S8 to get cheaper collision coverage.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When searching for the cheapest Audi S8 rate quotes, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheap Audi S8 insurance in New Orleans can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How Much is New Orleans Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenagers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest New Orleans Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)