Would you prefer to buy low-cost Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in New Orleans? Did budget coverage turn out to be an expensive auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Louisiana being $2,860, drivers could save themselves roughly 35% a year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop their coverage around.
Steps to finding cheaper Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in New Orleans
The preferred way to find affordable quotes for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance is to annually compare prices from insurers in New Orleans.
- First, try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates like multiple speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Multiple insurers compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company to find the absolute best rates possible on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in New Orleans.
You should make it a habit to compare prices every six months because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best price on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in New Orleans on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you how to use online quotes to save on auto insurance.
If you already have coverage or need a new policy, take advantage of these tips to reduce the price you pay without sacrificing coverage. Locating the best rates in New Orleans is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Drivers just have to know the most time-saving way to compare prices online from multiple companies.
New Orleans insurance discounts for a Chevy Captiva Sport
Companies don’t always list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy New Orleans car insurance online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower prices if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Paperless Signup – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application digitally online.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to view insurers that offer many of these discounts in New Orleans, follow this link.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Louisiana. To find cheap car insurance in New Orleans, LA, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
How do Insurers Determine Chevy Captiva Sport Insurance Prices?
Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. It’s important that you understand some of the things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower rates.
Optional features that cut rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Marriage discount – Having a significant other actually saves money on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and responsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
Prevent coverage lapses – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to increase your auto insurance rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Louisiana DMV.
Men pay higher premiums – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Women and men are in auto accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. They also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
How many miles do you drive? – The more you drive your Chevy in a year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Incorrect rating for your Captiva Sport may be costing you. Make sure your auto insurance policy states how each vehicle is driven.
You might want pay the small claims yourself – Car insurance companies in Louisiana give cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Loss probability for a Chevy Captiva Sport – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for specific coverages. The next table shows the collected loss data for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Numbers under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD||89||95||88||123||115||105|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Neighborhood New Orleans auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Most agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in New Orleans who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Pick the best car insurance agent in New Orleans for you
When finding a reliable agent, there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Below are exclusive agencies in New Orleans who can help you get comparison quotes.
Larry Talamo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6506 Spanish Fort Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 282-3474 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent agents in New Orleans that are able to give rate quotes.
Three good reasons to insure your Chevy Captiva Sport
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Captiva Sport in New Orleans, insurance is required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Captiva Sport, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your Chevy and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Louisiana is overpaying over $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Which car insurance company is best in New Orleans?
Ending up with the top car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in New Orleans. The ranking data below could help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
One last note
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents. Low-cost Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in New Orleans can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Steps to finding lower priced Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in New Orleans
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to quote cheaper Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in New Orleans is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Louisiana.
- First, take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View companies
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. When you receive it, put the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
A good tip to remember is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
More information can be read at the links below
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)