How long has it been since you shopped around for the cheapest Dodge Charger insurance in New Orleans? Having to pay for high-priced insurance in New Orleans can stress out your accounts and force you to make tough financial choices. Price shopping at each renewal is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to cut your insurance bill.
Sad but true, most insurance buyers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average insurance premium being $2,857, Louisiana drivers could save roughly $900 a year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they switched. Having so many options for buying cheaper insurance for a Dodge Charger in New Orleans, it can be hard to pick the lowest price insurance company.
Our objective in writing this article is to help educate you on the best way to quote coverages and also save some money in the process If you’re already insured, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the concepts you’re about to learn. Drivers just need to learn the best way to compare company rates instantly.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable prices in Louisiana
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Louisiana. If you want cheap car insurance in Louisiana, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Dodge Charger insurance charts and tables
The rate information below highlights different insurance costs for Dodge Charger models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy rates are formulated can assist in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Charger 3.5 AWD||$318||$448||$760||$46||$228||$1,800||$150|
|Charger SXT AWD||$318||$448||$760||$46||$228||$1,800||$150|
|Charger Rallye AWD||$318||$516||$760||$46||$228||$1,868||$156|
|Charger R/T AWD||$350||$516||$760||$46||$228||$1,900||$158|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in New Orleans location which can change prices substantially.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The information below demonstrates how citations and accident claims drive up Dodge Charger auto insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you need full coverage?
The information below shows the difference between Dodge Charger insurance prices with full coverage and liability only. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive guideline to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Charger settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $700 a year to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Dodge Charger Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Save by driving less – Driving a lot of miles each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Charger is just wasting money. Make sure your auto insurance coverage properly reflects the correct usage.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Many insurance companies will give lower prices for people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can find lower rates by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Age of drivers – Young drivers in Louisiana have been known to get distracted easily behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The following data uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Certain jobs raise rates – Occupations like doctors, air traffic controllers, and stock brokers usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations like scientists, engineers and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
- Avoid coverage lapses – Driving any period of time without insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage may result in a license revocation or jail time. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Louisiana department of motor vehicles.
Are you male or female? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes have accidents at a similar rate, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The chart below compares Dodge Charger auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Dodge Charger claim probability – Car insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting premium costs. Models that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Dodge Charger vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Charger Models Specific Dodge Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Charger 2WD 148 142 160 176 178 159 Dodge Charger 4WD 124 129 115 107 110 138 Dodge Charger HEMI 156 106 202 118 127 111BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Determine discounts to get cheap New Orleans car insurance quotes
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your bill.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your car insurance premiums.
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Charger auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, anti-theft, annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, and professional/association.
- Nationwide may include discounts for good student, business or organization, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, driver training, military active duty, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers discounts for anti-theft, education and occupation, good driver, good student, and AAA membership discount.
If you need cheaper New Orleans auto insurance quotes, ask every company the best way to save money. Savings may not apply to policies in New Orleans.
Compare rates but work with a neighborhood New Orleans auto insurance agent
A small number of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Supporting small agencies is still important in New Orleans.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in New Orleans who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in New Orleans for you
When looking for a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference between them because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in New Orleans who may provide comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are New Orleans exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Picking an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in New Orleans?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Louisiana?
Persistence will pay off
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More affordable car insurance in New Orleans is attainable both online and with local New Orleans insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents.
How to save money on Dodge Charger insurance in New Orleans
The recommended way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from different companies who provide auto insurance in New Orleans. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Read and learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a low credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Charger coverage is available in New Orleans. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)