There isn’t a single person who looks forward to paying for car insurance, especially when they know the price is too high.
It’s astonishing, but over 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Louisiana could save roughly 35% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to do a rate comparison.
Steps to finding better rates for Ford Fiesta insurance in New Orleans
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable quotes for Ford Fiesta insurance in New Orleans is to compare prices at least once a year from providers that sell auto insurance in Louisiana. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Popular companies such as GEICO and Progressive increase brand awareness with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to see through the deception and do the work needed to find the best deal.
When price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting a better price. Some regional insurers cannot provide New Orleans Fiesta insurance quotes online, so you need to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Louisiana. To find the best cheap auto insurance in New Orleans, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Fiesta insurance, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your Ford Fiesta and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to save money.
Cheaper New Orleans insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Most are applied at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a New Orleans auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple autos, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- American Family offers discounts for mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, air bags, defensive driver, good driver, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, membership and employees, good student, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may include discounts for automatic seat belts, student driver, good student, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and good student.
When getting free New Orleans auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be offered on policies in your state.
Buying from auto insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agents is still important in New Orleans.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in New Orleans who will give you bids for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
When finding a reliable insurance agent, there are two different agency structures that you can select. Agencies in New Orleans can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you need to check rates from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Featured below are New Orleans independent insurance agencies who can help you get free auto insurance quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in New Orleans who can help you get comparison quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How long has their agency been in business in New Orleans?
- Does their agency support local causes in New Orleans?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
If you receive satisfactory answers to all your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide auto insurance. Just understand that you have the power to cancel a policy at any point so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to any particular company for any length of time.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Ford Fiesta?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- How high should deductibles be on a Ford Fiesta?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Best auto insurance company in Louisiana
Choosing the right auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in New Orleans. The rank data shown next can help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
As you quote New Orleans auto insurance, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.
The cheapest Ford Fiesta insurance in New Orleans is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote New Orleans auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can find affordable Ford Fiesta insurance in New Orleans. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote New Orleans auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company.
How to buy low-cost Ford Fiesta insurance in New Orleans
The easiest way to find more affordable car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in New Orleans.
- Learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates like inattentive driving and a bad credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)