A study showed that most Louisiana car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Consumers in the United States could save $859 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates online.
The preferred way to get affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance in New Orleans is to annually compare prices from providers who sell insurance in Louisiana.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and a substandard credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for the details to prevent rate hikes and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. As soon as you can, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
If you have auto insurance now, you should be able to save money using the techniques presented in this article. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in New Orleans seems hard but is not really that difficult. But Louisiana vehicle owners should learn the methods companies use to price online insurance because it varies considerably.
The easiest way to compare policy rates for Ford Five Hundred insurance in New Orleans takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information such as whether you have decent credit, how much education you have, if you’re married, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Your rating data is automatically sent to multiple companies and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
To get price quotes for your Ford Five Hundred now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Louisiana. To locate the cheapest car insurance in New Orleans, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Why you need quality insurance for your Ford Five Hundred
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in New Orleans, insuring your vehicle is required in Louisiana but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Five Hundred outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
These discounts can reduce Ford Five Hundred insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy New Orleans car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a course in defensive driving could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of larger companies will give a small break get New Orleans car insurance digitally online.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance on a new Five Hundred can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a New Orleans car insurance quote.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can help you save on insurance because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few insurance companies.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, driver’s education, good student, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include electronic funds transfer, early shopping, distant student, homeowner, mature driver, business and professional, and bundle discounts.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, anti-theft, federal employee, air bags, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
- American Family may have discounts that include defensive driver, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, early bird, good driver, air bags, and accident-free.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, good student, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
It’s a good idea to ask every company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not be available in your state. To find insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Louisiana, click here to view.
Best car insurance company in New Orleans
Picking a high-quality insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in New Orleans. The ranking data shown below could help you pick which providers to look at to insure your vehicles.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies