How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for more affordable Honda Clarity insurance in New Orleans? Vehicle owners new to comparing prices online will find purchasing cheaper Clarity insurance can be quite challenging.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Honda Clarity insurance in New Orleans
Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable Honda Clarity insurance in New Orleans is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Louisiana.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases like high-risk driving behaviors and a substandard credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for more information to help reduce premium rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies. View companies
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who get price quotes annually are likely to switch companies because there are good odds of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey found that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved about $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance in New Orleans is the reason you’re here, then understanding how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can save money and time.
It’s important to quote other rates once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best deal on Honda Clarity insurance in New Orleans at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it’s time to teach you the tricks you need to know to find lower rates on insurance.
Discount New Orleans auto insurance rates
Some insurance providers do not list the entire discount list very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Clarity insurance in New Orleans.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military can result in better prices.
- Senior Discount – Seniors may be able to get a slight reduction on a New Orleans car insurance quote.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Distant Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Clarity insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get New Orleans car insurance quotes online.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in New Orleans can save a few bucks because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should help lower the amount you have to pay.
For a list of providers with discount rates in New Orleans, click here.
To find the best auto insurance rates, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from lots of Louisiana auto insurance companies. The simplest method to lower the rate you pay for insurance is to get quotes online. When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Louisiana. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Louisiana, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
When to contact an insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you may find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in New Orleans that can provide free New Orleans car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent in New Orleans should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is the agency active in community causes in New Orleans?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in New Orleans?
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Below are New Orleans exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kenneth Taylor
7037 Canal Blvd #201 – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 283-9310 – View Map
- Derek Morel – State Farm Insurance Agent
5555 Bullard Ave #104 – New Orleans, LA 70128 – (504) 247-9241 – View Map
- Ed Buckley – State Farm Insurance Agent
4822 Prytania St – New Orleans, LA 70115 – (504) 891-2886 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you.
When comparing insurance rates, it’s recommended you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in New Orleans who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Hartwig Moss Insurance Agency
2626 Canal St #3 – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 525-9901 – View Map
- Lovecchio Insurance
1510 Robert E Lee Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 284-7778 – View Map
- Southern Insurance Agency, LLC
725 Magazine St E – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 528-9242 – View Map
Auto insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/25 that translate to $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, court costs and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Louisiana state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/25 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as falling objects, fire damage, hitting a deer and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Louisiana drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 15/30/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
This will pay to fix damage to your Clarity caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Clarity to bring the cost down.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses like X-ray expenses, pain medications, ambulance fees and nursing services. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Quote. Compare. Save.
We covered many ideas to get a better price on Honda Clarity insurance in New Orleans. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Honda Clarity rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
When shopping online for insurance, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheap Honda Clarity insurance in New Orleans can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
How to find cheaper rates for Honda Clarity insurance in New Orleans
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates in New Orleans is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who provide car insurance in Louisiana. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of this process is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze every company you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in New Orleans, Louisiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for High School Students in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)