How long has it been since you compared the cheapest Honda CR-V insurance in New Orleans? Locating cheaper insurance for your Honda CR-V in Louisiana could be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for your Honda and find the cheapest rates.
You should take the time to price shop coverage occasionally since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Honda CR-V insurance in New Orleans two years ago you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of wrong information about CR-V insurance online, but we’re going to give you some of the best techniques to quit paying high car insurance rates in New Orleans.
Finding and comparing affordable protection in New Orleans is not as time-consuming as you think. If you already have coverage or just want cheaper rates, you can use these techniques to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Smart buyers just have to use the quickest method to shop their coverage around instantly.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Louisiana. In order to find cheap car insurance in New Orleans, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Statistics and details
The rate table shown below outlines estimates of insurance premium costs for Honda CR-V models. Having a better understanding of how policy premiums are calculated can benefit drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$194||$312||$394||$24||$118||$1,042||$87|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$194||$312||$394||$24||$118||$1,042||$87|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$194||$312||$394||$24||$118||$1,042||$87|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$222||$312||$394||$24||$118||$1,070||$89|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$222||$312||$394||$24||$118||$1,070||$89|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$222||$312||$394||$24||$118||$1,070||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in your specific New Orleans location which can raise or lower insurance rates greatly.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders drive up Honda CR-V insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by age and gender in New Orleans
The information below illustrates the comparison of Honda CR-V annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in New Orleans, insurance is required in Louisiana but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your Honda CR-V but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Honda CR-V Insurance Rates Can Be Reduced
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that help calculate your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower insurance prices.
Type of car, truck or SUV determines base costs – The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. Economy passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following data uses these assumptions: married female driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Honda CR-V insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have different performances.
Low deductibles cost more – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be rear-ending another vehicle, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for insurance.
Eliminate unneeded add-on coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time on your insurance policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, towing, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Does your employer cost you more? – Occupations like lawyers, police officers, and accountants are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work situations and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, students and performers pay lower than average rates.
Where you call home plays a part – Residing in a rural area can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers who live in large Louisiana cities regularly have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
Claim-free discounts can add up – If you file claims often, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Louisiana provide most affordable rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Bundle policies and save money – Most insurers provide lower prices to customers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still save even more even if you have your coverage with different companies
Honda CR-V insurance loss statistics – Insurers use historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the loss history for Honda CR-V vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 2WD||68||81||58||93||86||77|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 4WD||69||82||69||90||87||78|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Verify you’re applying every discount
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy New Orleans car insurance online.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles could qualify for cheaper rates.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on insurance.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Honda CR-V insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
To see insurers with the best discounts in New Orleans, click here.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When it comes to buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What are good deductibles for a Honda CR-V?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people just prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and also buy local. And supporting local agents is definitely important in New Orleans.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
When finding a local agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they function. Agents are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the subtle differences because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in New Orleans who may provide price quotes.
- Whitney Insurance Agency
650 Poydras St Suite 1500 – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 581-5353 – View Map
- Bob Swanson Insurance
824 Elmwood Park Blvd #295 – New Orleans, LA 70123 – (504) 734-0305 – View Map
- Murphy Insurance LLC
2107 Soniat St – New Orleans, LA 70115 – (504) 899-8010 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people use the same agent mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are New Orleans exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: John Carbo Jr.
621 Homedale St – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 488-0070 – View Map
- Derek Morel – State Farm Insurance Agent
5555 Bullard Ave #104 – New Orleans, LA 70128 – (504) 247-9241 – View Map
- Randy Bordlee – State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 General De Gaulle Dr #102 – New Orleans, LA 70131 – (504) 392-9300 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
You can lower your car insurance rates
Cost effective Honda CR-V insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on Honda CR-V insurance in New Orleans. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching car insurance companies can be less work than you think.
How to save on Honda CR-V insurance in New Orleans
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost Honda CR-V insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers in New Orleans.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like getting speeding tickets and a substandard credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in New Orleans. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A crucial key to this process is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
More detailed car insurance information is located by following these links:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How Much are New Orleans Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Orleans Auto Insurance Rates for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for High School Students in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)