It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount Kia K900 insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in New Orleans. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Read about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who shop around for a cheaper policy are inclined to switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved as much as $72 a month compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the most affordable insurance in New Orleans is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into how to quote prices and compare coverage rates can make it easier to find better rates.
If you have a policy now or need new coverage, use these techniques to reduce premiums and still get good coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in New Orleans is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Drivers just need to learn the best way to shop for auto insurance on the web.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in New Orleans, LA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Car insurance is not optional in Louisiana
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia K900 in New Orleans, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Kia K900 but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Check for these premium slashing discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a lower rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- College Student – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a driver safety course may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current K900 insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will cut your overall bill.
For a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Louisiana, click here.
Can’t I compare prices from local New Orleans insurance agents?
A small number of people just want to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the lowest rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important especially in New Orleans.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in New Orleans that can give you free New Orleans auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When searching for a local New Orleans insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out how they differ because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in New Orleans who may provide price quotes.
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in New Orleans that are able to give rate quotes.
Finding a good insurance agency requires more thought than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How long has their agency been open in New Orleans?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Louisiana?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Cost effective Kia K900 insurance can be purchased on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
You just learned some good ideas how to find cheap Kia K900 insurance in New Orleans. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote New Orleans auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable New Orleans auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. They can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable New Orleans Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)