Feeling guilty for buying an under-performing, overpriced car insurance policy? You’re in good company because you’re not the only one.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who shop around annually are likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around saved $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in New Orleans is the reason for your visit, then having some knowledge of how to choose a company and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
How to buy affordable Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in New Orleans
Truthfully, the best way to save on car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in New Orleans.
First, learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as inattentive driving and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if cheaper Optima Plug-In Hybrid coverage is available. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Numerous car insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider and get the definite best price available on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in New Orleans.
Getting low cost Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid car insurance pricing can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to take time to compare rate quotes to discover which company has the cheapest Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid rate quotes.
It’s so simple to compare car insurance rate quotes online takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to each insurance agency near you. The ability to get quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the professional guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. However, consumers can comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in New Orleans, LA. To locate cheap car insurance in New Orleans, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid
Despite the high cost, buying insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Optima Plug-In Hybrid, almost all lenders will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Kia gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy New Orleans car insurance online.
- Claim Free – New Orleans drivers who stay claim-free pay much less compared to bad drivers.
- E-sign – A handful of auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Anti-theft System – Cars with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a New Orleans car insurance quote.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multi-car Discount – Having multiple vehicles with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, good student, student away at school, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple autos.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for paid-in-full, Switch & Save, defensive driver, good student, safety device, anti-theft, and claim free.
- Nationwide has discounts for defensive driving, multi-policy, family plan, anti-theft, good student, and easy pay.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. For a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Louisiana, click here.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates but also keep your business local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in New Orleans.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in New Orleans who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
New Orleans auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can provide insurance policies, but it is important to understand the subtle differences because it can influence your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in New Orleans that can possibly get you pricing information.
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Below are New Orleans exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Where would glass claims be handled in New Orleans?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Does the agent help file claims?
As you quote New Orleans car insurance, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced full coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper insurance in New Orleans is available online in addition to many New Orleans insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
We just covered a lot of techniques to lower your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance rates in New Orleans. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
How to save money on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in New Orleans
Really, the only way to get the cheapest Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in New Orleans.
- Try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. As soon as you can, safely store the certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and to quote with every company you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)