If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates in New Orleans is to compare prices once a year from companies that sell auto insurance in Louisiana. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides information to prevent high prices and find missing discounts.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. When you receive it, put the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Regrettably, about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers can cut their rates by 46.5% a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheap auto insurance rates.
Informed Consumers Know How to Find Car Insurance for Less
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can help you get big savings. Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Does your vocation raise your prices? – Jobs such as military personnel, architects, and financial analysts tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from job stress and lengthy work days. Other careers such as professors, students and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Getting married brings a discount – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your policy. It means you’re more mature and responsible and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Only buy extra policy coverages you need – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Coverages for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
High insurance claims frequency drives up premiums – Auto insurance companies in Louisiana generally give most affordable rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of companies afford better rates to clients that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can save money by splitting coverages up.
Coverage lapses lead to higher prices – Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Louisiana department of motor vehicles.
Loss probability for a Nissan Quest – Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that tend to have higher loss trends will cost more for coverage. The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Nissan Quest vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Nissan Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The best way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the fact most of the larger companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information like whether or not you need a SR-22, coverage limits, if you lease or own, and the make and model of your vehicles. Your insurance information is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To find lower lower-cost Nissan Quest insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Louisiana. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in New Orleans, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Louisiana but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Nissan, more than likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Nissan Quest and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in New Orleans overpays more than $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get discounts on New Orleans insurance
Companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy New Orleans car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on their website.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your prices slightly.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for buying a new policy before your current Quest insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy New Orleans car insurance online.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course in driver safety is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from New Orleans and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will lower your overall bill.
Some of the insurance companies that may include these benefits possibly include:
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in New Orleans. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Louisiana, click this link.
Buying from insurance agencies
Some consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agents is important especially in New Orleans.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can write auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparing auto insurance rates, you will want to get several quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in New Orleans that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- Whitney Insurance Agency
650 Poydras St Suite 1500 – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 581-5353 – View Map
- Lovecchio Insurance
1510 Robert E Lee Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 284-7778 – View Map
- First Insurance, Inc.
First Bank and Trust Building, 909 Poydras St #2260 – New Orleans, LA 70112 – (504) 322-4927 – View Map
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. They are trained well on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in New Orleans who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Paul Scaffidi
720 Harrison Ave c – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 822-8007 – View Map
- Beth Anne Naugher – State Farm Insurance Agent
3536 Holiday Dr a – New Orleans, LA 70114 – (504) 367-6660 – View Map
- Andy Bowden – State Farm Insurance Agent
6325 Elysian Fields Ave a – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 288-2219 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any agent in New Orleans should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Louisiana?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- If they are an independent agency in New Orleans, which companies do they recommend?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in New Orleans?
Cheaper coverage is out there
A few companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers work with independent agencies. Affordable Nissan Quest insurance in New Orleans is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver and even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
We just covered some good ideas how you can compare Nissan Quest insurance prices in New Orleans. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)