It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper Saab 9-5 insurance in New Orleans is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in Louisiana. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper 9-5 coverage is available in New Orleans. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. Be sure to keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Unfortunately, most car insurance policyholders have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Consumers in Louisiana could save themselves up to $900 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that are used to determine your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with cheaper rates. Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The items below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Vehicle features impact prices – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop car theft.
Adjust deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Saab from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Tickets drive up rates – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and accident claims can increase Saab 9-5 premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Credit score impacts premium prices – An insured’s credit history is a big factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Saab 9-5 by improving your rating. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower ratings.
More performance means higher rates – The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The data below uses these assumptions: single female driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Saab 9-5 car insurance rates compared to other models that have different performances.
Saab 9-5 insurance analysis
The information below outlines a range of insurance premium costs for Saab 9-5 models. Learning more about how insurance rates are established can be of help when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-5 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$428||$910||$488||$28||$146||$2,000||$167|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower coverage rates considerably.
Saab 9-5 insurance rates by gender in New Orleans
The example below illustrates the comparison of Saab 9-5 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Score discounts on New Orleans insurance
Auto insurance companies do not list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy New Orleans auto insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow data collection to monitor driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their New Orleans auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multi-car Discount – Having multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies may give you up to $50 for signing up digitally online.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Saab 9-5 insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
Check with each company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in New Orleans. To see insurance companies who offer online Saab 9-5 insurance quotes in Louisiana, click here to view.
Best auto insurance company in New Orleans
Insuring your vehicle with the best insurance provider is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in New Orleans. The company ratings displayed below can help you choose which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Lower rates by being persistent
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to lower your Saab 9-5 insurance car insurance rates in New Orleans. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest New Orleans Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest New Orleans Auto Insurance for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)