Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Many drivers in New Orleans can save as much as 35% each year by just shopping around, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
To save the most money, the best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in New Orleans. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that increase rates like speeding and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Ram 3500 coverage is available. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, place the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Obtaining price quotes for the best-priced protection in New Orleans is not as hard as you think. If you have a policy now or just want to save money, use these money-saving tips to save money while maintaining coverages. Comparison shoppers just need to know the proper way to shop for insurance over the internet.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is actually quite simple. You just have to invest a little time to compare rates online from several insurance companies.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in New Orleans, LA. To find the cheapest car insurance in LA, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Slash rates with these discounts on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in New Orleans
Some insurers don’t always list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you lower rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to study driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a course in safe driver can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with one company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount will cut the cost of coverage.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 3500 insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
To find insurers with significant discounts in Louisiana, click here to view.
Insurance coverage analysis
The coverage information below covers estimates of prices for Dodge Ram 3500 models. Learning as much as possible about how prices are determined can benefit drivers when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$348||$600||$436||$26||$130||$1,540||$128|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$426||$706||$436||$26||$130||$1,724||$144|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$426||$812||$656||$38||$196||$2,128||$177|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$426||$812||$436||$26||$130||$1,830||$153|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$426||$812||$436||$26||$130||$1,830||$153|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$426||$920||$656||$38||$196||$2,236||$186|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$426||$920||$656||$38||$196||$2,236||$186|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$426||$920||$656||$38||$196||$2,236||$186|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$426||$812||$436||$26||$130||$1,830||$153|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$426||$812||$436||$26||$130||$1,830||$153|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$426||$920||$656||$38||$196||$2,236||$186|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in New Orleans location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates greatly.
How to find a good Louisiana auto insurance company
Choosing the right car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in New Orleans. The ranking data listed below can help you pick which providers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine rates.
Being married pays dividends – Getting married helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
High comp and collision deductibles lower costs – Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Dodge. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, hail damage, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
Bundling policies can get discounts – Some insurers will award discounts to people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Prevent theft and save – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
Premiums may be lower depending on your employer – Jobs such as judges, social workers, and accountants have higher average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, students and performers have the lowest average rates.
Never let your coverage expire – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get you a ticket and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Louisiana department of motor vehicles.