Cutting costs on Dodge Ram insurance in New Orleans can seem to be slightly frustrating for drivers not familiar with online insurance quotes. Drivers have so many different companies and agents to choose from that it can easily turn into a ton of work to find more affordable coverage rates on Dodge Ram insurance.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of consumers in Louisiana renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in the U.S. could cut their rates by 47% a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they just switched companies.
It's a good idea to compare rates before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the best rates on Dodge Ram insurance in New Orleans last year you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I'm going to teach you one of the easiest ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
These techniques will familiarize you with how insurance works and how you can save the most money. If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to save money using the tips covered below. Although Louisiana car owners should learn how companies calculate their prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in New Orleans, LA. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Louisiana, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Insurance data for a Dodge Ram
The coverage information displayed below covers estimates of insurance coverage prices for Dodge Ram models. Learning how insurance premiums are determined can be of help when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$344||$582||$552||$32||$166||$1,676||$140|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$388||$708||$552||$32||$166||$1,846||$154|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$388||$708||$552||$32||$166||$1,846||$154|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$388||$708||$552||$32||$166||$1,846||$154|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$388||$708||$552||$32||$166||$1,846||$154|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$388||$708||$552||$32||$166||$1,846||$154|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$388||$708||$552||$32||$166||$1,846||$154|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$388||$708||$552||$32||$166||$1,846||$154|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$388||$708||$552||$32||$166||$1,846||$154|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$432||$834||$552||$32||$166||$2,016||$168|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$432||$834||$552||$32||$166||$2,016||$168|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$432||$834||$552||$32||$166||$2,016||$168|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$432||$834||$552||$32||$166||$2,016||$168|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$432||$834||$552||$32||$166||$2,016||$168|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$432||$834||$552||$32||$166||$2,016||$168|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$432||$834||$552||$32||$166||$2,016||$168|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$432||$834||$552||$32||$166||$2,016||$168|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$432||$834||$552||$32||$166||$2,016||$168|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$432||$960||$552||$32||$166||$2,142||$179|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$432||$960||$552||$32||$166||$2,142||$179|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can alter coverage prices substantially.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Dodge Ram premium costs for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The illustration below compares Dodge Ram auto insurance rates with and without full coverage. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no written rule to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Dodge Ram replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing in excess of $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always publicize the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy New Orleans auto insurance online.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying insurance for several vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a new Ram can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Seat Belts Save - Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed in the military could mean lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- New Orleans Homeowners Discount - Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Low Miles Discount - Low mileage vehicles can earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Federal Employees - Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don't profit that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- AAA has savings for anti-theft, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for multi-car, bundle discounts, teen driver, homeowner, switch companies, youthful driver, and mature driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- Esurance has discounts for multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, claim free, emergency road assistance, and online quote.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safety rewards, safe driver, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, anti-theft, passive restraint, good driver, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in New Orleans. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in New Orleans, click here.
Why you need insurance for your Dodge Ram
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Ram in New Orleans, auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge Ram has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your Dodge and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $800 each year so it's recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Does my Dodge Ram need full coverage?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Dodge Ram?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in New Orleans.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to leave your computer because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
When looking for a local agent, there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in New Orleans are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won't have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you absolutely need to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following are New Orleans independent agents that can possibly get you free price quotes.
- Dan Burghardt Insurance Agency
5741 Crowder Blvd - New Orleans, LA 70127 - (504) 241-7283 - View Map
- USAgencies Insurance
6003 Bullard Ave #6 - New Orleans, LA 70128 - (504) 517-8884 - View Map
- Pat Leboeuf Insurance
601 Seguin St - New Orleans, LA 70114 - (504) 361-4600 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in New Orleans willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: John Carbo Jr.
621 Homedale St - New Orleans, LA 70124 - (504) 488-0070 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Aaron Gable
2073 Caton St - New Orleans, LA 70122 - (504) 283-0034 - View Map
- Wayne Leone - State Farm Insurance Agent
1701 S Carrollton Ave - New Orleans, LA 70118 - (504) 865-1101 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agency shouldn't rely on just the price. Any agent in New Orleans should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in New Orleans?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?