Inconceivable but true, a large majority of insurance policyholders have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in Louisiana being $2,860, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in New Orleans is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies that insure vehicles in Louisiana. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like speeding and a poor credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides additional tips to help prevent expensive coverage and earn larger discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in New Orleans. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. Make sure you put the proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Getting low cost Fiat 124 Spider car insurance pricing is a fairly straight forward process. You just need to spend a few minutes getting comparison quotes to find the company with the cheapest Fiat 124 Spider rate quotes.
Getting quotes online is very simple and it replaces the need to go to all the different New Orleans insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the professional advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. You can, however, get the lowest quotes online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Louisiana. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in LA, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Save money with these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from New Orleans and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
To view auto insurance companies who offer cheap Fiat 124 Spider insurance quotes in New Orleans in New Orleans, click here.
Buying auto insurance from New Orleans car insurance agents
Some people still like to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in New Orleans who will give you quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in New Orleans should be willing to answer these questions.
- How long has their agency been open in New Orleans?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Does their agency support local causes in New Orleans?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
When researching a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agencies in New Orleans can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in New Orleans who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in New Orleans who can help you get price quote information.
Once you have received positive feedback for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide auto insurance. It’s important to know that you can always cancel your policy when you choose so don’t feel that you are obligated to the auto insurance policy for the entire policy term.
Components of Your Fiat 124 Spider Insurance Prices
Many different elements are considered when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but others are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine premiums.
Commute or pleasure use – The higher the miles on your Fiat each year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Incorrect rating for your 124 Spider may be costing you higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance coverage is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
Low credit score equals high premiums – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Fiat 124 Spider by improving your rating.
Lower premiums for safer cars – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If the Fiat 124 Spider scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
Small claims can cost you – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you should expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Louisiana provide the best rates to people who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of Fiat 124 Spider insurance, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Fiat 124 Spider has a lienholder, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Fiat for a lot more money and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your Fiat 124 Spider and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Fiat as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Budget-friendly car insurance in New Orleans can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
When searching for inexpensive New Orleans car insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)