The best way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who provide auto insurance in New Orleans.
First, take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as speeding and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Rainier coverage is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. When you receive it, put the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s shocking but the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. New Orleans insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to compare rate quotes online.
To find cheaper New Orleans car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from all the different companies. The fastest way to compare Buick Rainier insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the professional abilities of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible to compare online quotes but have your policy serviced through an agent. When comparison shopping, getting more free quotes will enable you to find lower pricing. Not every company provides New Orleans Rainier insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to also get quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in New Orleans, LA. To find the best cheap auto insurance in LA, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Even though New Orleans Rainier insurance rates can get expensive, auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Buick Rainier has a loan, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Buick at a more expensive rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects your Buick and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $850 per year so compare rate quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Buick Rainier insurance in New Orleans
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from New Orleans without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on the internet.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To see insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Louisiana, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but still have a local New Orleans insurance agent
A lot of people would rather have an agent’s advice and that is OK! The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good provider should include more criteria than just the price. Any good agent in New Orleans should know the answers to these questions.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Louisiana?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
The different types of auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are New Orleans exclusive agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Larry Talamo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6506 Spanish Fort Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 282-3474 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, you need to contact a few independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in New Orleans that are able to give rate quotes.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When selecting coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Buick Rainier?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Should I rate my Buick Rainier as pleasure use or commute?
- What is GAP insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
What is the best auto insurance company in New Orleans?
Buying coverage from a good quality company is hard considering how many choices you have in Louisiana. The rank data shown next could help you select which coverage providers you want to consider comparing rates from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
We covered many ideas to reduce Buick Rainier insurance car insurance rates online in New Orleans. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
As you quote New Orleans car insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in New Orleans can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in New Orleans, so get free New Orleans car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)