To save the most money, the best way to find affordable quotes for Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in New Orleans is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who provide auto insurance in Louisiana. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn a little about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in New Orleans. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. Be sure to place the new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who do rate comparisons will presumably switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study showed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved $72 a month compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance in New Orleans is your objective, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare insurance premiums can make the process more efficient.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in New Orleans is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you’re already insured or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to buy cheaper insurance without reducing protection. Comparison shoppers just have to learn the quickest method to shop for insurance from many companies at once.
Affordable New Orleans Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance price quotes
Finding cheaper Cadillac Escalade EXT auto insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. Just take time to compare rates to find the company with the cheapest Cadillac Escalade EXT rate quotes.
It’s so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to actually drive to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance rate quotes online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a need for the professional guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare online quotes but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Louisiana. To find cheap auto insurance in LA, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in New Orleans
Companies don’t necessarily list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious car insurance savings.
- E-sign – Some larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get lower premium rates.
- Good Student – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable driving data collection to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your prices slightly.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Cadillac Escalade EXT premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, alternative fuel, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, and youthful driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for emergency military deployment, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, military active duty, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, good driver, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, early bird, TimeAway discount, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for accident-free, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, good student, business or organization, and defensive driving.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. For a list of car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Louisiana, click this link.
Insurance coverage details
The information displayed below showcases estimates of prices for Cadillac Escalade EXT models. Knowing how rates are figured can be of help when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade EXT 4WD||$494||$854||$478||$28||$144||$1,998||$167|
|Escalade EXT Luxury Edition 4WD||$494||$854||$478||$28||$144||$1,998||$167|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in zip code location which can modify price quotes noticeably.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Liability only or full coverage
The chart below compares Cadillac Escalade EXT car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact formula to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Cadillac Escalade EXT replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Seven Things That Affect Your Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
Raise your deductibles for better rates – Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Your vocation may affect prices – Jobs like doctors, executives, and miners generally have higher premium rates because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other careers such as farmers, students and performers get better rates.
Reduce rates by driving cars with good safety ratings – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Cadillac scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
Tickets hurt – Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
The example below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims raise Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance costs for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
What type of vehicle do you drive? – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a significant difference in your rates. The lowest premiums are usually found on the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The chart below assumes a single female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Cadillac Escalade EXT rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance rating factors.
Small claims can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, don’t be surprised to see much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Louisiana give lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Never let your coverage expire – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Louisiana department of motor vehicles.
Local insurance agents
Many people just want to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower premium rates and still have a local agent.
By using this short form, your information gets sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your business. There is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in New Orleans should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How are they compensated?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in New Orleans?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Louisiana?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How often do they review coverages?
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you are searching for a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can provide auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in New Orleans that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies through many different auto insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, you need to compare prices from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are New Orleans independent insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
How to find a good Louisiana auto insurance company
Buying coverage from the highest-rated auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies there are in New Orleans. The company information shown next could help you choose which auto insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
Affordable Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in New Orleans is definitely available from both online companies and with local New Orleans insurance agents, so you need to quote New Orleans car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
When getting New Orleans car insurance quotes online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Affordable New Orleans Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenagers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for High School Students in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)