Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in New Orleans is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who sell insurance in Louisiana. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides more details to get better rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper 500 coverage is available in New Orleans. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices are very likely to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A survey found that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved $72 a month compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Fiat 500 insurance in New Orleans is your ultimate objective, then knowing how to quote prices and compare coverages can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Discounts can help to save on Fiat 500 insurance in New Orleans
Some companies don’t list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to analyze their driving habits remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- E-sign Discounts – Some larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing online.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Popular insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, military active duty, federal employee, anti-theft, good student, and membership and employees.
- USAA offers premium reductions for family discount, military installation, good student, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, bundled insurance, good driver, accident-free, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, renters, emergency road assistance, multi-car, and Switch & Save.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including electronic funds transfer, business and professional, teen driver, early shopping, good student, alternative fuel, and multi-car.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and driver’s education.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be offered in New Orleans. To view insurance companies that offer discounts in Louisiana, click this link.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates for Fiat 500 insurance in New Orleans is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including whether your vehicle is owned or leased, the year, make and model of vehicles, whether you are single or married, and deductibles desired. Your information gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in New Orleans.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Louisiana. If you wish to find cheaper car insurance in Louisiana, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Lower Your New Orleans Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Your car’s features help determine auto insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop vehicle theft.
- Lower rates come with age – More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Teen drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Companies want multiple policies – The majority of insurers will award a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, you may still want to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Gender impacts costs – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – The deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Claims statistics for a Fiat 500 – Car insurance companies use past insurance losses when setting premium costs. Models that have higher loss trends will have a higher premium rate.
The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Fiat 500 vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Fiat 500 Vehicles Specific Fiat Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rates but still have a neighborhood New Orleans auto insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent. Most agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good provider needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Where would glass claims be handled in New Orleans?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is there a local claims center in New Orleans?
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Fiat in New Orleans, car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your 500 with a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Fiat at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Fiat gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Quote more to save more
There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Budget-friendly auto insurance in New Orleans can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Fiat 500 insurance in New Orleans. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with the least-expected company. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Louisiana is located at the links below
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)