The best way we recommend to get discount Ford C-Max Energi insurance in New Orleans is to do an annual price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Louisiana. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Louisiana being $2,860, drivers could pocket approximately $900 a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
The best way to compare car insurance rates for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in New Orleans is to realize car insurance companies have advanced systems to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as how much you drive, if the vehicle is leased, coverage limits, and the make and model of your vehicles. Your rating data is automatically sent to many of the top insurers and you will receive price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in New Orleans, LA. To get the cheapest car insurance in New Orleans, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Cheaper New Orleans car insurance quotes with discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less can qualify you for lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Accident-Free Discounts – New Orleans drivers who stay claim-free get the best car insurance rates as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies allow discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current C-Max Energi insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount should definitely cut the amount you pay for coverage.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, five-year accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-policy, location of vehicle, good driver, ease of repair, professional/association, low natural disaster claims, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for electronic funds transfer, homeowner, switch companies, multi-car, teen driver, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including teen driver, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, good student, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new move discount, teen driver discount, safety features, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, and teen safe driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, good student, online signing, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- USAA may offer discounts for good student, vehicle storage, loyalty savings, military installation, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
If you need affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in New Orleans. For a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Louisiana, click here to view.
You may need help from a local insurance agent
Many drivers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is still important in New Orleans.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that can provide free New Orleans car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because prices are sent directly to you. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Shown below is a list of insurance companies in New Orleans willing to provide rate quotes for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in New Orleans.
Integra Insurance in Baton Rouge, Shreveport and New Orleans | Texas and Louisiana Insurance Agents
2750 Lake Villa Dr #305 – Metairie, LA 70002 – (877) 969-3026 – View Map
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any good agent in New Orleans should know the answers to these questions.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
After getting answers to your satisfaction and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an provider that is reliable enough to provide auto insurance coverage. Keep in mind policyholders can cancel a policy whenever you choose to so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent indefinitely.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford C-Max Energi in New Orleans, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Ford. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to save money.
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage covers damage to your C-Max Energi from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your C-Max Energi to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills for things like doctor visits, chiropractic care, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Ford C-Max Energi.
Due to the fact that many Louisiana drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/25 in Louisiana), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/25 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as emergency aid, court costs, medical expenses and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Louisiana requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
What is the best car insurance company in Louisiana?
Choosing the highest-rated car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in New Orleans. The ranking data listed below may help you analyze which coverage providers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
Cheaper insurance in New Orleans can be sourced on the web in addition to many New Orleans insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how you can compare Ford C-Max Energi insurance rates in New Orleans. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive New Orleans car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Grand Caravan in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)