The preferred way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in New Orleans. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and poor credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for more details to get better rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Shockingly, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save $860 each year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to go online and compare rates.
The method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Ford Excursion insurance in New Orleans is to realize all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information like driver ages, the make and model of your vehicles, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and distance driven. That rating data is submitted instantly to insurance carriers in your area and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
To check Ford Excursion insurance prices now, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in New Orleans, LA. If you want the best auto insurance in New Orleans, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Get discounts on New Orleans car insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but a few need to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Telematics Discount – New Orleans drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to study driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Student Discounts – This discount may save as much as 25% on a New Orleans car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current Excursion insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy New Orleans car insurance online.
- Organization Discounts – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large car insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for good student, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, teen driver, switch companies, and early shopping.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include youthful driver, driver training, multi-policy, good student, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, good student, defensive driving training, student away at school, multiple policy, driver’s education, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, federal employee, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for drive less, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, homeowner, teen safety rewards, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for exclusive group savings, good student, hybrid vehicle, newly married, and newly retired.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Ford Excursion rate quotes, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your area. To see insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in New Orleans, click here.
You may need help from an insurance agency
A small number of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in New Orleans who will return price quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in New Orleans, get answers to these questions.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Louisiana?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
How You Can Control Ford Excursion Insurance Costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are just a few of the factors that factor into your prices.
- Maintain car insurance coverage – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get you a ticket and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Louisiana motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Ford from damage. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and burglary. Your deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Policy add-ons add up – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying car insurance. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance are some examples. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
- More stress means more cost – Occupational choices like military generals, executives, and stock brokers tend to pay higher average rates because of high stress and long work days. Conversely, careers like professors, students and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop vehicle theft.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more miles you rack up on your Ford every year the more you will pay for car insurance. Many insurance companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating reflects the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. A policy that improperly rates your Excursion is throwing money out the window.
- Married people drive safer – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. It demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in New Orleans, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Excursion greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Compare but don’t skimp
Lower-priced Ford Excursion insurance in New Orleans can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
You just read some good ideas how you can find affordable Ford Excursion insurance in New Orleans. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with the least-expected company.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, policy cancellation and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be easier than you think.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Orleans Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- How Much is New Orleans Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)