The best way we recommend to get more affordable Ford F-150 insurance is to compare quotes annually from providers who can sell car insurance in New Orleans. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like speeding and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for instructions to lower rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is that you'll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in New Orleans can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they just don't want to shop their coverage around.
Cheapest companies for Ford F-150 insurance in Louisiana
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in New Orleans, LA. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in New Orleans, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
The rate information displayed next highlights a range of policy rates for Ford F-150 models. Having knowledge of how insurance prices are established can help guide drivers when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$348||$478||$628||$38||$188||$1,680||$140|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$348||$612||$628||$38||$188||$1,814||$151|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$348||$612||$628||$38||$188||$1,814||$151|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$348||$612||$628||$38||$188||$1,814||$151|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$348||$612||$628||$38||$188||$1,814||$151|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$398||$612||$628||$38||$188||$1,864||$155|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$398||$612||$628||$38||$188||$1,864||$155|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$398||$612||$628||$38||$188||$1,864||$155|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$398||$612||$628||$38||$188||$1,864||$155|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$398||$612||$628||$38||$188||$1,864||$155|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$398||$612||$628||$38||$188||$1,864||$155|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$398||$612||$628||$38||$188||$1,864||$155|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$398||$612||$628||$38||$188||$1,864||$155|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$450||$612||$628||$38||$188||$1,916||$160|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$450||$612||$628||$38||$188||$1,916||$160|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$450||$612||$628||$38||$188||$1,916||$160|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$450||$744||$628||$38||$188||$2,048||$171|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$450||$744||$628||$38||$188||$2,048||$171|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$450||$744||$628||$38||$188||$2,048||$171|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$450||$744||$628||$38||$188||$2,048||$171|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$450||$744||$628||$38||$188||$2,048||$171|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$450||$744||$628||$38||$188||$2,048||$171|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$450||$744||$628||$38||$188||$2,048||$171|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$450||$744||$628||$38||$188||$2,048||$171|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$450||$744||$628||$38||$188||$2,048||$171|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$450||$876||$628||$38||$188||$2,180||$182|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$450||$876||$628||$38||$188||$2,180||$182|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$450||$876||$628||$38||$188||$2,180||$182|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$500||$876||$628||$38||$188||$2,230||$186|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$500||$876||$628||$38||$188||$2,230||$186|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$500||$876||$628||$38||$188||$2,230||$186|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect premium rates noticeably.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The example below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims can drive up Ford F-150 insurance costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance companies do not list all available discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Student in College - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- ABS Brakes - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safe Driver Discount - Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Waiver - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
- Paperless Signup - Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for completing your application online.
- Low Miles Discount - Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic. But any discount will lower your policy cost.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, anti-theft, and military active duty.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for type of vehicle, ease of repair, good driver, location of vehicle, good student, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for alternative fuel, homeowner, switch companies, mature driver, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for multiple vehicles, good student, multi-policy, safe driver, company car, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include newly retired, new move discount, multi-policy, multi-car, new graduate, teen driver discount, and preferred payment discount.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safety rewards, drive less, multi-car, homeowner, teen safe driver, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- USAA offers premium reductions for family discount, annual mileage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, loyalty savings, and new vehicle.
When quoting, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not be offered in your area. To locate providers offering car insurance discounts in Louisiana, click here.
How You Can Control Ford F-150 Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings.
- Cheaper premiums using theft deterrents - Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
- What's your car's safety rating? - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Ford is rated at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher premiums - Having an insurance coverage lapse is a sure-fire way to bump up your car insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Louisiana motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Lower stress equals lower rates - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as military personnel, executives, and financial analysts tend to pay higher premium rates because of high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, careers like professors, students and the unemployed get better rates.
- Adjust comp and collision deductibles and save - Protection for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', covers damage that occurs to your Ford. Examples of some claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Your deductibles define the amount you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Insure your auto and home with one company - Most car insurance companies will give a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it's still a good idea to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
Ford F-150 statistical loss data - Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when determining insurance prices. Models that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher cost to insure. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Ford F-150 Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from car insurance agents
Some consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in New Orleans who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no reason to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is the agency active in community causes in New Orleans?
When looking for a reputable agency, there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. New Orleans agents can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in New Orleans that can give you comparison quotes.
- Reggie Glass - State Farm Insurance Agent
3800 Elysian Fields Ave - New Orleans, LA 70122 - (504) 944-4444 - View Map
- State Farm: Chris Nolan
Place St. Charles, 201 St Charles Ave #224 - New Orleans, LA 70170 - (504) 522-9560 - View Map
- Randy Bordlee - State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 General De Gaulle Dr #102 - New Orleans, LA 70131 - (504) 392-9300 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in New Orleans that can give you comparison quotes.
- Robert Sheard Insurance
1601 Gordon St - New Orleans, LA 70117 - (504) 947-3044 - View Map
- Southern Insurance Agency, LLC
725 Magazine St E - New Orleans, LA 70130 - (504) 528-9242 - View Map
- USAgencies Insurance
6003 Bullard Ave #6 - New Orleans, LA 70128 - (504) 517-8884 - View Map
What is the best auto insurance company in Louisiana?
Selecting the best car insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Louisiana. The company rank data shown next can help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
Cheap Ford F-150 insurance in New Orleans is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood New Orleans agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how to compare Ford F-150 insurance car insurance rates in New Orleans. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost New Orleans car insurance quotes. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When searching for cheaper New Orleans car insurance quotes, it's a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
Additional auto insurance information is available at the links below
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Orleans Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)