Are you researching low-cost GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance in New Orleans? Trying to find better insurance prices for a GMC Sierra 2500HD in Louisiana can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes for a GMC and obtain the lowest possible price from both online companies and New Orleans agents.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Liability insurance is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy will protect you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Bundle home and auto and save – Many companies will give lower prices to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a chance you can save money by splitting coverages up.
Do you really need to file those claims? – Insurance companies in Louisiana generally give the lowest premiums to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Do thieves like your car? – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Which gender costs less? – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
The example below visualizes the comparison of GMC Sierra 2500HD auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Higher deductibles cost less – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your GMC. Some examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage define how much the insured will be required to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Low cost GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance prices in New Orleans, LA
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Louisiana. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Louisiana, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance rates and statistics
The data table displayed next outlines estimates of coverage costs for GMC Sierra 2500HD models. Having knowledge of how rates are determined is important to be able to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$442||$978||$562||$34||$168||$2,184||$182|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$442||$978||$636||$38||$190||$2,284||$190|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$442||$978||$562||$34||$168||$2,184||$182|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$442||$978||$562||$34||$168||$2,184||$182|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$442||$1126||$636||$38||$190||$2,432||$203|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$442||$1126||$636||$38||$190||$2,432||$203|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$442||$1126||$562||$34||$168||$2,332||$194|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$442||$1126||$562||$34||$168||$2,332||$194|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$442||$1126||$636||$38||$190||$2,432||$203|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$492||$1126||$636||$38||$190||$2,482||$207|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise insurance rates significantly.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact GMC Sierra 2500HD yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no set rule of when to phase out full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your GMC Sierra 2500HD settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a GMC Sierra 2500HD in New Orleans, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Sierra 2500HD, almost all lenders will require that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your GMC at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your GMC and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $825 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some companies don’t always list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy New Orleans car insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could mean lower prices.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for reduced rates.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below compares GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including good student, renewal discount, youthful driver, multi-policy, driver training, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for teen driver discount, multi-policy, good student, new vehicle discount, and exclusive group savings.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, driver’s education, safe vehicle, good driver, and student away at school.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including safe vehicle, mature driver, safe driver, paid in full, anti-lock brakes, student away at school, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, seat belt use, anti-theft, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO discounts include accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, homeowner, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
It’s a good idea to ask every company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To choose insurers that offer some of these discounts in Louisiana, click this link.
Car insurance agents can find coverage gaps
A small number of people prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain the best rates and also buy local. Supporting small agencies is still important in New Orleans.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that provide free New Orleans car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
When researching a local New Orleans insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies can be described as either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies so they can write business through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to check rates from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in New Orleans that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Pappalardo Agency, Inc.
145 Robert E Lee Blvd #202 – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 486-7441 – View Map
- Southern Insurance Agency, LLC
725 Magazine St E – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 528-9242 – View Map
- Martin Insurance Agency, Inc
4700 Orleans Ave – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 486-6133 – View Map
These agents can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive agencies in New Orleans willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Daniel Rahman
701 Dante St c – New Orleans, LA 70118 – (504) 861-2700 – View Map
- Carl Mixon – State Farm Insurance Agent
4716 Canal St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 482-7897 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rene Manfre
13040 I- 10 Service Rd – New Orleans, LA 70128 – (504) 218-1586 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Which is the best insurance?
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Some auto insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agencies. Cheaper auto insurance in New Orleans is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood New Orleans agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is less work than it seems.
As you quote New Orleans car insurance, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Steps to finding discount GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance in New Orleans
The easiest way to save money on GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance in New Orleans is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies in Louisiana.
- First, try to comprehend coverages and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Sierra 2500HD insurance. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)