It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find better pricing on car insurance rates in New Orleans is to compare quotes once a year from companies that insure vehicles in Louisiana.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how your policy works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like your driving record and bad credit can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare all possible companies. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who do rate comparisons are highly likely to move their business because there are good odds of finding a cheaper policy. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved about $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance in New Orleans is your intention, then having an understanding of how to quote and compare insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will most likely be able to save money using these methods. Locating the lowest cost insurance policy in New Orleans is not as difficult as people think. Although Louisiana vehicle owners should learn how companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
How to buy New Orleans Hyundai Accent insurance online
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from all the different companies. The fastest way to comparison shop is to get quotes online.
Just remember that having more price comparisons will enable you to find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some regional insurers cannot provide New Orleans Accent insurance quotes online, so you need to compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in New Orleans, LA. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Louisiana, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Hyundai Accent in New Orleans, buying auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Accent, most banks will force you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Hyundai Accent but also your financial assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $855 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Analysis of coverages
The coverage information shown below covers detailed analysis of coverage prices for Hyundai Accent models. Being more informed about how rate quotes are formulated can help guide drivers when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accent Blue 2-Dr Hatchback||$142||$322||$446||$26||$134||$1,070||$89|
|Accent GS 2-Dr Hatchback||$166||$392||$446||$26||$134||$1,164||$97|
|Accent GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$462||$594||$36||$178||$1,436||$120|
|Accent SE 2-Dr Hatchback||$190||$532||$446||$26||$134||$1,328||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter auto insurance rates greatly.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Hyundai Accent insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims increase Hyundai Accent auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of insurance rates by age and gender in New Orleans
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Accent car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The chart below shows the difference between Hyundai Accent yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Hyundai Accent settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
New Orleans auto insurance discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially compared to bad drivers.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Multi-line Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Accent yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include pay in full, homeowner, switch companies, mature driver, bundle discounts, distant student, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including good student, renewal discount, safe driver, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, accident-free, driver’s education, multiple policy, student away at school, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, military active duty, federal employee, defensive driver, driver training, and good student.
- SAFECO discounts include multi-car, drive less, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for multi-policy, teen driver discount, multi-car, safety features, good student, and newly married.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in every state.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in New Orleans.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in New Orleans who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to your email. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local New Orleans insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agents in New Orleans can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you will definitely want to include several independent agencies to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are New Orleans independent insurance agencies that may be able to give price quote information.
- Mid-City Auto Title and Insurance
3328 Bienville St # A – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 827-1845 – View Map
- Daul Insurance
94 Westbank Expressway Trail – Gretna, LA 70053 – (504) 362-0667 – View Map
- Dan Burghardt Insurance Agency
5741 Crowder Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70127 – (504) 241-7283 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in New Orleans who can help you get price quotes.
- Larry Talamo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6506 Spanish Fort Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 282-3474 – View Map
- Andy Bowden – State Farm Insurance Agent
6325 Elysian Fields Ave a – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 288-2219 – View Map
- State Farm: Chris Nolan
Place St. Charles, 201 St Charles Ave #224 – New Orleans, LA 70170 – (504) 522-9560 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- What insurance companies do they work with in New Orleans?
- How long has their agency been open in New Orleans?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
After receiving good answers for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy. Keep in mind consumers can cancel your policy whenever you choose to so don’t think that you are obligated to any specific company for the full policy term.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What is the ISO rating for a Hyundai Accent?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Car insurance savings summarized
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-conscious Hyundai Accent insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local New Orleans insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
We just presented many tips how you can find affordable Hyundai Accent insurance in New Orleans. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)