Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost prices for Chrysler Pacifica insurance in New Orleans is to compare prices regularly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Louisiana.
- Try to learn about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Pacifica insurance. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, place the new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
One thing to point out is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s astonishing, but almost 70% of insureds have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in Louisiana could pocket nearly $897 a year, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Cheap companies for Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Louisiana
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in New Orleans, LA. To find the best auto insurance in New Orleans, LA, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Save money on Chrysler Pacifica insurance in New Orleans with these nine car insurance discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy New Orleans auto insurance online.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your New Orleans auto insurance quote.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few car insurance companies.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Buy New and Save – Buying coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better premium rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- American Family has savings for good student, early bird, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, air bags, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers discounts including Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, family plan, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, good student, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century has discounts for theft prevention, student driver, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, driver training, good student, and 55 and older.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include alternative fuel, teen driver, multi-car, good student, and bundle discounts.
- Allstate offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, teenSMART discount, auto/life discount, EZ pay plan discount, economy car, good student, and 55 and retired.
If you want low cost New Orleans auto insurance quotes, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in New Orleans. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Louisiana, click this link.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to sit down with an agent. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is you can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is especially important in New Orleans.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
The following are New Orleans insurance companies that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Chrysler Pacifica insurance in New Orleans.
- LeMoine Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4747 Earhart Blvd a – New Orleans, LA 70125 – (504) 218-4420 – View Map
- Nola Insurance Agency
2646 Banks St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 822-8770 – View Map
- Andy Bowden – State Farm Insurance Agent
6325 Elysian Fields Ave a – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 288-2219 – View Map
- Carl Mixon – State Farm Insurance Agent
4716 Canal St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 482-7897 – View Map
Picking the best provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
Car insurance coverages explained
Understanding the coverages of car insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Pacifica from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Pacifica to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like hospital visits, funeral costs, ambulance fees and surgery. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hail damage. The most your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Louisiana limits are 15/30/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/25 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees and court costs. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Louisiana state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Be persistent to save money
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices and high prices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents. Budget-conscious Chrysler Pacifica insurance can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in New Orleans, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information can be found below:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest New Orleans Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)