Are you sick and tired of paying out the nose to pay auto insurance each month? You have the same problem as millions of other drivers.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that most consumers in Louisiana have been with the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. U.S. consumers can save as much as 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to go online and compare rates. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO increase brand awareness with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Lexus RC F insurance in New Orleans
Companies don’t always list every available discount very well, so we researched both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay less as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow companies to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few insurance companies.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a New Orleans auto insurance quote.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in New Orleans. For a list of companies with the best Lexus RC F insurance discounts in Louisiana, click here to view.
Shop Lexus RC F insurance online
Most companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm provide prices direct online. Doing online price comparisons for Lexus RC F insurance in New Orleans is pretty easy as you just type in your coverage information into the quote form. After you submit the form their quoting system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on the information you submitted. Getting online rate quotes for Lexus RC F insurance in New Orleans makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to find cheaper car insurance pricing.
If you want to find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will be getting rate quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Louisiana. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Smart Buyers Know How to Find Car Insurance for Less
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Cautious drivers pay better rates – Having a clean driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Having a single ticket can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who have dangerous citations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Pay less with a high crash test rating – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Lexus RC F scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Remove unneeded extra coverages – Policies have extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Marriage pays dividends – Your spouse helps lower the price on your car insurance policy. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are colliding with a building, hitting a deer, and having your car stolen. The deductibles define the amount you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
- Know your credit history – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People that have excellent credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your Lexus RC F if you clean up your credit.
Local New Orleans car insurance agents
Some people still like to talk to a local agent. Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in New Orleans?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Different types of New Orleans auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a good New Orleans insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences because it can factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are trained well on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are exclusive agents in New Orleans that can give you price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they can write business with lots of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in New Orleans who can help you get price quotes.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus RC F in New Orleans, auto insurance is mandatory in Louisiana but it also protects more than you think.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Lexus RC F with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $750 every year so compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance company ratings
Choosing the right auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Louisiana. The rank data below can help you pick which insurers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Cost effective Lexus RC F insurance is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Lexus RC F insurance in New Orleans. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Lexus RC F rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When you buy New Orleans auto insurance online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price.
How to find affordable quotes for Lexus RC F insurance in New Orleans
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper Lexus RC F insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who sell insurance in New Orleans.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to place the new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
An important part of this process is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read at these sites:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable New Orleans Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)