Really, the only way to get affordable auto insurance rates in New Orleans is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in Louisiana. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like your driving record and poor credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover instructions to get low prices and find possible discounts that are available.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View insurance agents
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Prius Prime coverage is available in New Orleans. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Immediately put the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Amazingly, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. With the average insurance premium being $2,900, Louisiana drivers could save an average of roughly 35% each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in New Orleans is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you are already insured, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using this strategy. Comparison shoppers only need to know the tricks to compare rates using one simple form.
Cheaper New Orleans car insurance rates with discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before being credited.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Prius Prime can get you a discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you low cost Toyota Prius Prime insurance.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to track where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Accident Free – New Orleans drivers who stay claim-free pay much less in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not apply in New Orleans. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Louisiana, follow this link.
Compare quotes for New Orleans Toyota Prius Prime insurance
Reducing your insurance rates is actually quite simple. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rates to find the company with affordable New Orleans auto insurance quotes.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in New Orleans, LA. To get the best cheap auto insurance in New Orleans, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Many factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find big savings.
- Your career may increase prices – Jobs such as judges, airline pilots, and medical professionals tend to have the highest average rates because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, students and performers get better rates.
- Big cities have higher rates – Living in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. Residents of big cities have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Are males or females drivers cheaper? – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both genders get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
- Excellent credit means lower costs – Having a good credit rating can be an important factor in your rate calculation. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Toyota Prius Prime by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What are the best liability limits?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Should I rate my Toyota Prius Prime as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Buying car insurance from New Orleans insurance agencies
Some people just want to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good provider needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will they give you a referral list?
If you need to find an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in New Orleans can either be independent or exclusive. Both types can write policy coverage, but we need to point out why they differ because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in New Orleans willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: John Carbo Jr.
621 Homedale St – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 488-0070 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Daniel Rahman
701 Dante St c – New Orleans, LA 70118 – (504) 861-2700 – View Map
- Larry Talamo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6506 Spanish Fort Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 282-3474 – View Map
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When searching for an agent, you should always include several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in New Orleans willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Whitney Insurance Agency
650 Poydras St Suite 1500 – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 581-5353 – View Map
- Southern Insurance Agency, LLC
725 Magazine St E – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 528-9242 – View Map
- Daul Insurance
94 Westbank Expressway Trail – Gretna, LA 70053 – (504) 362-0667 – View Map
Insuring your Prius Prime just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in New Orleans, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Toyota Prius Prime with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Toyota for a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your Toyota but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Louisiana is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper insurance premiums are possible
Lower-priced Toyota Prius Prime insurance in New Orleans is available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, drivers have reduced full coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we covered many ways to compare Toyota Prius Prime insurance premium rates in New Orleans. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper New Orleans auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Additional information can be read below:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in New Orleans, Louisiana? (FAQ)
- How Much is New Orleans Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)