Really, the only way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in New Orleans is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Louisiana. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand how car insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like getting speeding tickets and poor credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to prevent high prices and earn a bigger discount.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Envoy insurance in New Orleans. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who perform rate comparisons will presumably switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower rate. A recent survey discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved about $850 each year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price on GMC Envoy insurance is your objective, understanding how to find and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in New Orleans is quite easy. If you currently have auto insurance, you will most likely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas presented in this article. Although Louisiana drivers need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies market insurance on the web and use it to your advantage.
Cheapest GMC Envoy insurance quotes in New Orleans
Just remember that comparing a large number of companies will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
The companies shown below offer quotes in New Orleans, LA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Some insurers don’t always advertise every possible discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a defensive driver course may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers pay much less in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower prices if you buy life insurance from them.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To find car insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Louisiana, follow this link.
Auto insurance in Louisiana serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of GMC Envoy insurance, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your GMC Envoy has a loan, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your GMC for a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Louisiana is wasting up to $825 a year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Which car insurance company is best in Louisiana?
Picking the highest-rated company can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Louisiana. The rank data listed below may help you choose which car insurance providers you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood New Orleans car insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in New Orleans that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an provider shouldn’t rely on just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Does their agency support local causes in New Orleans?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
When searching for a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents to choose from. New Orleans agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are highly trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in New Orleans willing to provide rate quotes.
- Charles Hemmans – State Farm Insurance Agent
4611 S Carrollton Ave – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 313-5498 – View Map
- Larry Talamo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6506 Spanish Fort Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 282-3474 – View Map
- Josh Lorando – State Farm Insurance Agent
4200 Canal St c – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 488-0001 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get rate quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in New Orleans that are able to give price quote information.
- Southern Insurance Agency, LLC
725 Magazine St E – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 528-9242 – View Map
- Hartwig Moss Insurance Agency
2626 Canal St #3 – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 525-9901 – View Map
- J Everett Eaves
650 Poydras St # 1500 – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 581-5353 – View Map