Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that 70% of consumers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. New Orleans consumers could pocket $900 a year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who provide auto insurance in New Orleans. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives tips to prevent high prices and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. When you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is to use similar coverage information on each quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in New Orleans is much easier if you know where to start. Vehicle owners only need to know the least time-consuming way to shop for auto insurance using one simple form.
Cheapest Hyundai insurance price quotes in New Orleans
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Louisiana. To buy the best cheap car insurance in New Orleans, LA, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Discounts for cheaper car insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy New Orleans car insurance online.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Memberships – Being in a civic or occupational organization in New Orleans could qualify you for a break on your next car insurance statement.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Some of the insurance companies that may include most of the discounts above include:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in every state. To locate providers that offer many of these discounts in New Orleans, click here to view.
Components of Your Hyundai G90 Insurance Costs
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that help determine your premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower premium levels. Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- How much liability coverage – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you when you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Better premiums on cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Hyundai G90 is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most larger companies provide better rates to customers that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The most favorable rates will normally be found when insuring lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are many additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Coverages like personal injury protection, towing, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Being married may earn you lower rates on your car insurance bill. Marriage may mean you are more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Men pay higher prices – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes are in accidents at a similar rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 cause the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local New Orleans insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is especially important in New Orleans.
After completing this simple form, your information is sent to insurance agents in New Orleans who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents in New Orleans can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparing rate quotes, you should always get some free quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in New Orleans who may provide price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in New Orleans that can give you rate quotes.
Deciding on an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any good agent in New Orleans should know the answers to these questions.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Best car insurance company in New Orleans
Ending up with a highly-rated company can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Louisiana. The company information in the next section could help you pick which coverage providers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Budget-friendly car insurance in New Orleans can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide price quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Orleans Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)