To save the most money, the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in New Orleans. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more ideas to prevent high prices and find additional discounts.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on SLS AMG insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new insurer. Immediately place your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Sadly, most auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. The average driver in New Orleans can cut their rates by nearly $900 a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
The quickest way to get rate comparisons for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in New Orleans is to take advantage of the fact most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details like whether the vehicles are used for commuting, your education level, whether you are single or married, and the make and model of your vehicles. Your insurance information is instantly provided to multiple top-rated companies and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in New Orleans, LA. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in New Orleans, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Mercedes-Benz, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Mercedes-Benz at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies don’t list every possible discount very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy New Orleans car insurance online.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies give discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current SLS AMG insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will provide an incentive simply for signing online.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on SLS AMG insurance in New Orleans.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Mercedes-Benz could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- No Claims – New Orleans drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote New Orleans car insurance with a few car insurance companies.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- American Family offers discounts including TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for anti-theft, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, good student, defensive driving, and easy pay.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, and good student.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, air bags, good student, student driver, driver training, and theft prevention.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for distant student, good student, pay in full, early shopping, alternative fuel, and youthful driver.
- Allstate discounts include utility vehicle, 55 and retired, premier discount, EZ pay plan discount, anti-theft, and good student.
Before buying, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts might not be offered in every state. To choose insurers who offer discounts in New Orleans, follow this link.
Best auto insurance company in Louisiana
Picking the highest-rated car insurance provider is hard considering how many companies there are to choose from in New Orleans. The rank data shown next could help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+