The recommended way to find discount Acura MDX insurance is to do an annual price comparison from providers in New Orleans. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for more ideas to help reduce prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who compare rates once a year will most likely switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved on average $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance in New Orleans is why you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to quote prices and compare coverage rates can make the process more efficient.
Locating the best rates in New Orleans is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Basically, every car owner who buys car insurance will most likely get better rates. But Louisiana car owners must know how insurance companies set your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
When comparing insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons increases your odds of finding better pricing. Not every company does rate quotes online, so you should also compare quotes from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Louisiana. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Louisiana, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in New Orleans, insurance is required in Louisiana but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Acura MDX has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Acura at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Analysis of Acura MDX rates
The premium information shown below covers different policy rates for Acura MDX models. Knowing how auto insurance prices are figured can help you make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$352||$650||$604||$36||$180||$1,822||$152|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$352||$650||$604||$36||$180||$1,822||$152|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$352||$650||$604||$36||$180||$1,822||$152|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$352||$650||$604||$36||$180||$1,822||$152|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific New Orleans garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage prices greatly.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Acura MDX auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The example below illustrates the difference between Acura MDX car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn’t a steadfast formula to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Acura MDX book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $700 a year for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Companies offer many discounts on Acura MDX insurance in New Orleans
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before being credited.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in New Orleans can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select larger companies give a discount for switching to them before your current MDX insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Claim Free – New Orleans drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on New Orleans auto insurance quote as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20% or more.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for completing your application online.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
The information below shows the difference between Acura MDX insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
To locate insurance companies who offer online Acura MDX insurance quotes in New Orleans, click here.
Buying from insurance agencies
Certain consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Exclusive and independent New Orleans auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a local New Orleans insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in New Orleans who may provide you with price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Daniel Occhi
4006 Canal St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 517-9080 – View Map
- Andy Bowden – State Farm Insurance Agent
6325 Elysian Fields Ave a – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 288-2219 – View Map
- Larry Talamo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6506 Spanish Fort Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 282-3474 – View Map
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Listed below are New Orleans independent insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- ABC Insurance
4101 S Carrollton Ave c – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 486-0123 – View Map
- Bob Swanson Insurance
824 Elmwood Park Blvd #295 – New Orleans, LA 70123 – (504) 734-0305 – View Map
- Integra Insurance in Baton Rouge, Shreveport and New Orleans | Texas and Louisiana Insurance Agents
2750 Lake Villa Dr #305 – Metairie, LA 70002 – (877) 969-3026 – View Map
Auto insurance company ratings
Choosing the best insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies there are to choose from in New Orleans. The company rank data in the lists below could help you analyze which auto insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Compare but don’t skimp
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions or extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Discount Acura MDX insurance can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest New Orleans Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)