If you want to save the most money, the best way to save on auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in New Orleans.
First, read about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for additional tips to prevent high prices and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Select a company
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Shelby GT350 insurance in New Orleans. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. When you receive it, store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s hard to believe, but nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Louisiana could save nearly 35% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
This article will let you in on how to effectively get price quotes and also save some money in the process If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using these techniques. Nevertheless, Louisiana vehicle owners must learn how insurance companies determine how much to charge and take advantage of how the system works.
You may qualify for discounts for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in New Orleans
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Telematics Devices – New Orleans drivers who agree to allow companies to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, seat belt use, good student, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- MetLife offers discounts including multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, good student, defensive driver, good driver
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, good student, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, professional/association, good driver, and good student.
- 21st Century may include discounts for driver training, student driver, good student, defensive driver, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate may have discounts that include FullPay discount, eSmart discount, resident student, safe driver, and utility vehicle.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in New Orleans. To find providers with the best Ford Shelby GT350 insurance discounts in Louisiana, click here.
Keep in mind that comparing more prices increases your odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Louisiana. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is definitely important in New Orleans.
After completing this short form, your information is submitted to participating agents in New Orleans that provide free New Orleans auto insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
The difference between New Orleans auto insurance agents
If you want a good New Orleans insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents in New Orleans are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a small list of independent agents in New Orleans that can possibly get you pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in New Orleans that can give you price quotes.
Manny Hidalgo – State Farm Insurance Agent
3837 MacArthur Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70114 – (504) 362-1919 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any agent in New Orleans should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in New Orleans?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
If you receive positive responses for all questions you ask as well as inexpensive Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in New Orleans quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is professional and can provide insurance coverage.
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/25 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims like emergency aid, structural damage, medical expenses and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Louisiana requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from getting keyed, hail damage and rock chips in glass. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Shelby GT350 caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your Shelby GT350 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Ford Shelby GT350.
Due to the fact that many Louisiana drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for things like nursing services, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses, funeral costs and surgery. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Quote. Compare. Save.
As you quote New Orleans auto insurance, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented a lot of information how to save on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in New Orleans. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper New Orleans auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest New Orleans Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)