Sick and tired of wondering where the money will come from to keep your car insured? You’re in the same situation as most other people in Louisiana.
Remarkably, a study showed that most consumers in Louisiana have been with the same company for more than four years, and nearly half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could cut their rates by nearly $850 a year, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
How to quote cheaper Kia Spectra insurance in New Orleans
Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in New Orleans is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in Louisiana. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
First, try to learn a little about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like distracted driving and a substandard credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you can, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Having so many different company options, it is very difficult to choose the right insurance company.
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to get quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in Louisiana. By far the easiest way to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to physically go to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance that only an agent can give. You can, however, compare the best prices online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing more rates from different companies gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Louisiana. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in New Orleans, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Spectra insurance, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia has a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in New Orleans overpays as much as $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Do you qualify for discounts on Kia Spectra insurance in New Orleans?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates if you have no claims prior to the accident.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies that may offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in New Orleans. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Louisiana, click here to view.
New Orleans car insurance company ratings
Choosing the right company is difficult considering how many choices you have in Louisiana. The information shown next could help you decide which companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies