Looking for cheaper Nissan Frontier insurance in New Orleans? When shopping for lower-priced insurance, do you get frustrated by the sheer number of car insurance choices that you can choose from? There are such a large number of options that it can turn into a real hassle to find the lowest price for Nissan Frontier insurance in New Orleans. Everyone knows New Orleans is an excellent city in which to live, but finding the money to pay for car insurance makes it impossible to afford good insurance coverage.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that nearly 70% of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average car insurance premium being $2,860, Louisiana drivers could save themselves up to 35% a year, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
You need to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally because prices trend upward over time. If you had the lowest price on Nissan Frontier insurance in New Orleans on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of information about Frontier insurance online, but we’re going to give you some great ideas on how to find affordable car insurance in New Orleans.
The intent of this article is to tell you how car insurance works and how to save the most money. If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the ideas you’re about to read. Nevertheless, Louisiana car owners do need to understand the way insurance companies market insurance on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies gives you a better chance of getting the best rates. Some companies don’t provide rate quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in New Orleans, LA. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in New Orleans, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper Nissan Frontier insurance in New Orleans
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before they will apply.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy New Orleans auto insurance online.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Telematics Data Discounts – New Orleans drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to analyze driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below shows the difference between Nissan Frontier insurance prices with and without policy discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A partial list of companies who may offer these discounts include:
When getting free New Orleans auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply in New Orleans. To see insurers that offer discounts in Louisiana, follow this link.
Rates and statistics
The data table displayed next highlights a range of coverage costs for Nissan Frontier models. Understanding how insurance quotes are calculated is important for drivers to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$128||$266||$558||$32||$166||$1,150||$96|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$150||$266||$558||$32||$166||$1,172||$98|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$150||$324||$558||$32||$166||$1,230||$103|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$172||$324||$558||$32||$166||$1,252||$104|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$172||$324||$558||$32||$166||$1,252||$104|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$172||$266||$446||$26||$134||$1,044||$87|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$172||$382||$558||$32||$166||$1,310||$109|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$172||$382||$558||$32||$166||$1,310||$109|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$172||$324||$446||$26||$134||$1,102||$92|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$196||$324||$446||$26||$134||$1,126||$94|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$196||$324||$446||$26||$134||$1,126||$94|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$196||$324||$446||$26||$134||$1,126||$94|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$196||$324||$446||$26||$134||$1,126||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify prices noticeably.
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Nissan Frontier annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Frontier auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set guideline to exclude full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan Frontier book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
What Affects Nissan Frontier Insurance Costs?
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- High coverage deductibles cost less – Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a windshield shattered by a rock, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Optional features impact premiums – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart auto theft.
- Liability coverage preserves assets – Liability insurance kicks in if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Does car insurance cost more for males? – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men are in fender benders in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Nissan Frontier car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
More performance means more cost – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The lowest performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
The following data assumes a married female driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Nissan Frontier insurance rates compared to other models that have different performance rating factors.
Nissan Frontier insurance claim data – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Nissan Frontier vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
Nissan Frontier Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 2WD 57 64 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 4WD 64 95 78 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 2WD 77 97 67 106 87 98 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 4WD 71 95 76 70 79 85 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 2WD 73 110 71 89 87 117 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 4WD 68 80 63 56BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Comparing quotes from local New Orleans insurance agencies
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in New Orleans.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in New Orleans who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local New Orleans insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents can either be independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a small list of independent agencies in New Orleans who may provide free auto insurance quotes.
- Robert Sheard Insurance
1601 Gordon St – New Orleans, LA 70117 – (504) 947-3044 – View Map
- First Insurance, Inc.
First Bank and Trust Building, 909 Poydras St #2260 – New Orleans, LA 70112 – (504) 322-4927 – View Map
- J Everett Eaves
650 Poydras St # 1500 – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 581-5353 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Many people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in New Orleans who can help you get rate quotes.
- Wayne Leone – State Farm Insurance Agent
1701 S Carrollton Ave – New Orleans, LA 70118 – (504) 865-1101 – View Map
- Nick Pontiff – State Farm Insurance Agent
229 N Genois St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 309-8773 – View Map
- State Farm: Chris Nolan
Place St. Charles, 201 St Charles Ave #224 – New Orleans, LA 70170 – (504) 522-9560 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- If they are an independent agency in New Orleans, which companies do they recommend?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the company have a local claim office in New Orleans?
- Does their agency support local causes in New Orleans?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
If you get acceptable answers to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that will provide auto insurance coverage.
It’s not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Louisiana?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Which car insurance company is best in New Orleans?
Choosing the top auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies there are in New Orleans. The ranking data in the lists below can help you choose which auto insurers to look at buying from.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
One last thing about your coverage
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Nissan Frontier insurance prices in New Orleans. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly auto insurance in New Orleans is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood New Orleans agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Steps to finding affordable Nissan Frontier insurance in New Orleans
The recommended way to get budget Nissan Frontier insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who sell insurance in New Orleans.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Frontier insurance. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every price quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Additional information is located below:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Students in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)