Nobody that owns a car gets a kick out of paying for insurance, especially when they are aware that they could find better prices if they shop around.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who shop around are very likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding lower prices. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $865 annually compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding discount rates on Suzuki Aerio insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to quote and compare insurance coverage can save money and time.
Steps to buying discount Suzuki Aerio insurance in New Orleans
If you want to save money, the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers in New Orleans.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a low credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to help keep rates affordable and get additional discounts.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. View companies
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm continually hit you with ads and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
Companies offering Suzuki Aerio insurance in New Orleans
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Louisiana. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
What Determines Suzuki Aerio Insurance Prices?
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine premiums.
Your job is a factor – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Occupational choices like doctors, airline pilots, and medical professionals tend to pay the highest rates because of high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations such as actors, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Gals tend to be lower risk – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes get in auto accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. They also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Where you live – Having an address in a rural area can be a good thing when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims. City drivers regularly have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Youthful drivers pay high premiums – Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but some need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- College Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new Aerio can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best car insurance rates as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall bill.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- MetLife discounts include good student, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for type of vehicle, ease of repair, good driver, anti-theft, annual mileage, and low natural disaster claims.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, business or organization, family plan, and defensive driving.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, air bags, and multi-policy.
- AAA has savings for good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, education and occupation, anti-theft, good student, and multi-car.
When quoting, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in New Orleans. If you would like to see a list of companies with significant discounts in Louisiana, follow this link.
Comparing rates from local New Orleans auto insurance agents
Many people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in New Orleans who will give you quotes to get your business. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
The different types of car insurance agents
If you need to find a good insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in New Orleans are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in New Orleans who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to include multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
The following is a list of independent agents in New Orleans who can help you get rate quotes.
It’s not one size fits all
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- What is GAP insurance?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Smart shoppers get results
Cheap Suzuki Aerio insurance in New Orleans can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce Suzuki Aerio insurance premium rates online in New Orleans. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable New Orleans car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Suzuki Aerio insurance in New Orleans
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Suzuki Aerio insurance in New Orleans is to annually compare prices from providers in Louisiana. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a negative credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One bit of advice is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
More learning opportunities
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Orleans Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)