If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in New Orleans is to compare quotes annually from companies in Louisiana.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that increase rates like careless driving and a bad credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives more information to get better rates and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important note is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with all possible companies. This helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who shop around for cheaper prices will presumably buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved approximately $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for insurance in New Orleans is your intention, then understanding how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can save time and make the process easier.
How to buy New Orleans Toyota Land Cruiser insurance online
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in New Orleans, LA. To buy the cheapest auto insurance in New Orleans, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Lower your car insurance rates with these nine discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a slight reduction on a New Orleans car insurance quote.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings up to 30%.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote New Orleans car insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Toyota Land Cruiser premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, driver training, federal employee, multi-policy, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include low natural disaster claims, professional/association, good driver, type of vehicle, age of vehicle, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for distant student, multi-car, mature driver, homeowner, youthful driver, switch companies, and pay in full.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for good student, mature driver, multiple vehicles, anti-theft, paid in full, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new move discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, newly married, preferred payment discount, and exclusive group savings.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including drive less, bundle discounts, multi-car, homeowner, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- USAA discounts include good student, new vehicle, vehicle storage, safe driver, defensive driver, and driver training.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply in New Orleans. To find companies who offer online Toyota Land Cruiser insurance quotes in Louisiana, click this link.
Data for Toyota Land Cruiser insurance
The information shown below highlights estimates of insurance rates for Toyota Land Cruiser models. Knowing how premiums are determined can assist in making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can impact prices significantly.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims can affect Toyota Land Cruiser insurance premiums for different age groups. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The information below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Land Cruiser car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The chart below illustrates the difference between Toyota Land Cruiser insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There isn’t a written rule to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Toyota Land Cruiser replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Getting quotes from local New Orleans car insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in New Orleans.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in New Orleans who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in New Orleans
If you want to use a local New Orleans insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in New Orleans are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can write insurance policies, but we need to point out how they differ because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments so they can write business with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When searching for an agent, you need to include price quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below are New Orleans independent insurance agencies who may provide pricing information.
- Whitney Insurance Agency
650 Poydras St Suite 1500 – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 581-5353 – View Map
- Olympus Insurance Agency
101 W Robert E Lee Blvd #405 – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 535-7755 – View Map
- Murphy Insurance LLC
2107 Soniat St – New Orleans, LA 70115 – (504) 899-8010 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than low price.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in New Orleans who can help you get price quotes.
- Alan Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7045 Read Blvd Ste 108 – New Orleans, LA 70127 – (504) 241-6799 – View Map
- Andy Bowden – State Farm Insurance Agent
6325 Elysian Fields Ave a – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 288-2219 – View Map
- Manny Hidalgo – State Farm Insurance Agent
3837 MacArthur Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70114 – (504) 362-1919 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Is pet coverage available?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Toyota Land Cruiser.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/25 in Louisiana), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a broken windshield, hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/25 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like funeral expenses, medical services, pain and suffering, structural damage and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Louisiana state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/25 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Land Cruiser resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Land Cruiser to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses for prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and EMT expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
In this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Toyota Land Cruiser insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Toyota Land Cruiser insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. They can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Low-cost Toyota Land Cruiser insurance in New Orleans is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood New Orleans agents, so get free New Orleans car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable New Orleans Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenagers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest New Orleans Auto Insurance for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Active Military in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)