Are you searching for cheaper Kia Rio insurance in New Orleans? Comparing and finding cheaper premium rates for Kia Rio insurance in New Orleans can be very difficult for beginners to quoting and comparing prices online. There are so many agents and companies to choose from that it can easily turn into a burden to find the lowest price on Kia Rio insurance.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop around for a cheaper policy will, in all likelihood, switch insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved $72 a month compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving money on auto insurance in New Orleans is your goal, then having an understanding of the best way to quote and compare car insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Companies offering Kia Rio insurance in Louisiana
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in New Orleans, LA. To find the best cheap auto insurance in New Orleans, LA, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Kia Rio insurance rates and statistics
The coverage table displayed next covers estimates of policy rates for Kia Rio models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy rates are calculated can aid in making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can alter coverage rates considerably.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can change Kia Rio insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Kia Rio premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no specific rule to drop full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Kia Rio settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a defensive driver course may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay less as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Kia Rio insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data is based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
To choose insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in New Orleans, click here to view.
What Determines Kia Rio Insurance Costs?
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in big savings. Many things are used when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The items below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your prices.
Good drivers pay less – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have multiple violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The example below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders increase Kia Rio insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Your address can influence price – Being located in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims. Residents of big cities have much more traffic and more severe claims. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Premiums can be impacted by your employer – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like judges, police officers, and stock brokers are shown to have higher rates than average because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers such as professors, historians and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- An active policy claims history can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Louisiana generally give the best rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Credit rating impact auto insurance costs – A driver’s credit rating can be an important factor in determining your rates. People with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Kia Rio by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Safety first – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
Kia Rio insurance loss data – Insurers factor in insurance loss information to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Kia Rio vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Kia Rio Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Rio 90 109 81 141 158 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local New Orleans car insurance agents and auto insurance
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheaper prices but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to companies in New Orleans that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Louisiana?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is the agency active in community causes in New Orleans?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
The different types of auto insurance agents
When researching a good New Orleans insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
These type of agents can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are New Orleans exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Andy Bowden – State Farm Insurance Agent
6325 Elysian Fields Ave a – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 288-2219 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Daniel Rahman
701 Dante St c – New Orleans, LA 70118 – (504) 861-2700 – View Map
- Carl Mixon – State Farm Insurance Agent
4716 Canal St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 482-7897 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in New Orleans that are able to give rate quotes.
- First Insurance, Inc.
First Bank and Trust Building, 909 Poydras St #2260 – New Orleans, LA 70112 – (504) 322-4927 – View Map
- KTS Insurance Agency
3239 Bienville St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 371-5519 – View Map
- Integra Insurance in Baton Rouge, Shreveport and New Orleans | Texas and Louisiana Insurance Agents
2750 Lake Villa Dr #305 – Metairie, LA 70002 – (877) 969-3026 – View Map
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund, high prices and even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
Low-cost Kia Rio insurance in New Orleans can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free New Orleans auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
How to buy cheaper Kia Rio insurance in New Orleans
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find lower priced Kia Rio insurance in New Orleans is to regularly compare quotes from companies that insure vehicles in Louisiana. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like getting speeding tickets and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, place your new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of this process is to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to look at all possible companies. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- How Much is New Orleans Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Orleans Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Active Military in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)