Really, the only way to get the cheapest Lincoln LS insurance in New Orleans is to regularly compare quotes from providers that sell auto insurance in Louisiana. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for the details to help prevent expensive coverage and earn a bigger discount.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It’s shocking but the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. American consumers could save approximately 47% a year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to shop around.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the ideas you’re about to read. The goal of this article is to instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. But Louisiana car owners must understand how companies calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
Eight factors that influence insurance costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may result in lower car insurance prices. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be rear-ending another vehicle, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- High car insurance claims frequency drives up rates – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Louisiana generally give discounts to people who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Marriage is a good thing – Your spouse actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other translates into being less irresponsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Policy lapses raise prices – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Costs and your address – Being located in less populated areas has definite advantages when it comes to car insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Less people translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Small coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your car insurance policy. Things like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums are for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The more miles you rack up on your Lincoln in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance declarations sheet is rated on annual mileage. An incorrectly rated LS can cost quite a bit.
Most larger insurance companies give prices from their websites. Getting online quotes for Lincoln LS insurance in New Orleans is quite simple as all you need to do is type in your required coverages on the page. After the form is submitted, their quoting system obtains your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on many factors.
The ability to get online quotes for Lincoln LS insurance in New Orleans makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to find cheaper car insurance pricing.
To find out if lower rates are available, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will have a price comparison for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Louisiana. If you wish to find the best car insurance in Louisiana, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your LS
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in New Orleans, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your LS with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Lincoln at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your Lincoln LS but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Lincoln as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Louisiana is wasting up to $850 per year so shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Save with these rate reducing discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all discounts very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new LS is cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their New Orleans auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- New Orleans Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better prices.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Car insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above include:
Before buying, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in New Orleans, click this link.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Some people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is still important in New Orleans.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that can give you free New Orleans auto insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Types of auto insurance agents
When finding an insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance policy providers are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you definitely need to contact a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in New Orleans that can give you comparison quotes.
- Robert Sheard Insurance
1601 Gordon St – New Orleans, LA 70117 – (504) 947-3044 – View Map
- Integra Insurance in Baton Rouge, Shreveport and New Orleans | Texas and Louisiana Insurance Agents
2750 Lake Villa Dr #305 – Metairie, LA 70002 – (877) 969-3026 – View Map
- Above and Beyond Insurance Agency LLC
10001 Lake Forest Blvd #315 – New Orleans, LA 70127 – (504) 383-7432 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people use the same agent mainly due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in New Orleans that can give you price quote information.
- Derek Morel – State Farm Insurance Agent
5555 Bullard Ave #104 – New Orleans, LA 70128 – (504) 247-9241 – View Map
- Andy Bowden – State Farm Insurance Agent
6325 Elysian Fields Ave a – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 288-2219 – View Map
- Ben Guillory – State Farm Insurance Agent
4111 Franklin Ave – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 943-4055 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Upon receiving positive feedback to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to provide insurance coverage.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When quoting and choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is my Lincoln LS covered if I use it for business?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Lincoln LS?
- Does my Lincoln LS qualify for pleasure use?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Lincoln LS?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Smart shoppers get results
Low-cost Lincoln LS insurance in New Orleans is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in New Orleans, so you need to quote New Orleans auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on Lincoln LS insurance in New Orleans. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Mazda CX-7 in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)